Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Might as well be quilting!

Might as well be quilting!

Today is the first day of spring here in Minnesota so I was all geared up to go outside and enjoy the warm, sunny delights that Mother Nature has to offer on this 20th day of March. Well, imagine my surprise to find out that Mother Nature is just a nasty old woman who doesn't have a lick of compassion for those of us who are sick to death of winter! She certainly did NOT hold up her end of the bargain for the first day of spring!

So...I might as well put back on my sweatshirt, sweatpants, fuzzy socks and grab another cup of coffee and hole up in my quilting room! THAT is what gives me a 'spring' in my step!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sandra B

Oh wow! Amazing. I am from Chicago and know how that is. Living in Mississippi, I sometimes for about delay winters. One April I sent two of my children to visit my parents on spring break. Needless to say, when they arrive there was snow on the ground and I had not packed any winter clothes. All they had was short pants, halter tops and flip flops and sandals. Happy Spring to all.

I hear you! Winter sucks this time of year. Love your picture!

That photo is classic! We live outside of Chicago... it's 2 P.M. and it's only 24 outside. Our snow is coming on Sunday.... can't wait! I'm predicting at least 3" on Easter. At least it won't be hard to find the Easter eggs!

Very funny. Much the same here in upstate NY. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before the warm weather shows up. We need to fire that groundhog.
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

-15 wind chill here (Milwaukee, WI area) yesterday. Today is not much better. I can relate! I put on my insulated bib coveralls, Carhart hooded coat, knit hat and insulated boots just to bring in firewood that was already stacked on our front porch.

I had to get gas in the car today - forgot my gloves - just about froze off my fingers!

I'm in Winnipeg, Canada and right now it's -18c with the windchill at -28c. I want spring!!!!

You are so cute there in your shorts and flip flops. I feel for ya down here in sunny Florida. I can't take the winter, an can imagine how sick of the snow you are. Keep quilting and the snow will melt eventually.

You are too funny!! Hope spring comes soon for you. Loads of blooms here in sunny
    San Diego. We had our share of cold weather here this past winter with lots of rainy, windy days.

Love the flip flops and the big thumbs down. I know exactly how you are feeling! Enough already!!!!

I love it! You are a hoot. Thanks for the smile. Go in and make something pretty in your sewing room. Cute.

Spring??

Quote Originally Posted by sandrab64 View Post
    Today is the first day of spring here in Minnesota so I was all geared up to go outside and enjoy the warm, sunny delights that Mother Nature has to offer on this 20th day of March. Well, imagine my surprise to find out that Mother Nature is just a nasty old woman who doesn't have a lick of compassion for those of us who are sick to death of winter! She certainly did NOT hold up her end of the bargain for the first day of spring!

So...I might as well put back on my sweatshirt, sweatpants, fuzzy socks and grab another cup of coffee and hole up in my quilting room! THAT is what gives me a 'spring' in my step!

I'm in Northern Minnesota also. 0 degrees this morning and 2 feet of snow.A perfect day for quilting.

I too, live in Minnesota. I am sooo ready for Spring! But, then comes road constructiona and bugs. I am so tired of having to walk like a 105 year old when I'm outside since the whole yard is glare ice. I tried to walk to my Jeep with my sneakers on, I got 2 steps from the deck and carefully turned around and went back into the house to put on my snow boots. And guess what, more snow coming! I just keep telling myself, spring will come!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdoglady View Post
    You are too funny!! Hope spring comes soon for you. Loads of blooms here in sunny
    San Diego. We had our share of cold weather here this past winter with lots of rainy, windy days.
    Yep, I guess I cannot complain about the mid 60's we have been having this week. At least your weeds are not growing like well WEEDS!
    Lisa

LOL. Great picture Definitely worth 1000 words.

How long did it take you to warm up after putting your sweats and fuzzy socks back on and drinking what I would guess would be several cups of coffee?

I love your picture.

Blog Entries
    Well, We've had our air cond. on today, also in the car. But, boy, when you have nice summers, we'll have blazin' hot summers. Guess we'll just have to go with it. Not much we can do about it.

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    LOL you are amazing and brave !!! Mother nature can be funny aboutthe weather she is showing us she is in charge not the calendar saying today isthe 1st day of spring. Well here in the Pacific Northwest it is a balmy 54 and windy/raining . Hope spring comes to you soon to melt that snow away.
    ​Christine

Snow here in Massachusetts too. We had another storm yesterday. It's cold too. We are way below normal. You are right--might as well quilt.

Got to love spring time in Minnesota. Forcast for north central MN tonight is -4F. Yippee

It's interesting that in most countries the seasons are regarded as changing at the time of the Solstices. Here in Australia the first of march is officially the start of Autumn and the first of September is the start of Spring. Why? Well, when Sydney was a penal colony the British troops changed from Summer to Winter uniforms on the 1st of March and back to Summer uniforms on 1st September, so ever since we have kept those timings. (Yesterday in Sydney the temperature at mid day was about 86 degrees and overnight still about 70 so you can see how well that works.)

Lived in MN/WI most of my life now in NM. Remember may 5 about 27 years ago....had a little baby...off to work...looked out the window...5" of snow...had to dig out winter bunting for him. Ugh. Feel you pain. But don't worry. Soon you'll be complaining of mosquitoes!
    If you don't work on it you'll never finish it.

I love your picture! How many goosebumps did that trip produce? I hear ya bout winter....to the ground hog "liar, liar pants on fire!"

On the positive side tho, Minnesota is gorgeous in the summer.

Blog Entries
    Not much better here in NE Ohio - 17F at our house this AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast