Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
More items getting hard to find. >

More items getting hard to find.

More items getting hard to find.

Old 12-08-2020, 06:28 AM

Folks buying appliances should expect two to three months. This was happening, long before covid.None of the stores are warehousing appliances and they have NONE at the store anymore. The orders are coming direct from the manufacturers.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:51 AM

My refrigerator needs replacing. I've been told by one retailer there are none to be had.
Epsom salts - I use it in my daily bath. I am down to my last bag and none available. Chickpeas? None in town at one point. Flour, sugar, toilet paper, paper towels - all hit or miss. Black fabric - my LQS has some now, but for a while there was none. Chicken - available now, but for a while, there was none.
It almost seems normal now to see open areas in the grocery stores.
Hardest to get - space and personnel in hospitals. In a large city hospital nearby, the outpatient surgical department has been converted to a a Covid wing which cancels most outpatient surgery.
It's hard to complain when people are losing their lives.
Old 12-09-2020, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I use my counter top oven more then the big one. There is difference in the countertop oven and the toaster oven The countertop will be like a real oven only much smaller. If you have the counter space it's worth it. Preheating is fast. I bake pies, cakes, casseroles, bread, most any thing really.
I have been thinking about getting either the countertop or the toaster. What brand do you have?
thanks..
Old 12-09-2020, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
The electrician who came this morning to put in a new outlet told my husband that circuit breakers are scarce. Once the few they do have in the warehouse are gone no more coming in and no time line when. He said the company asked for voluntary lay offs but hasn't let anyone go yet. He has decided to go with severance offered and go to his dad's to help him keep his farm running. He said his plan B just became his plan A.
It's amazing how different things are across the country, even varying month by month. My DH is an electrician and has work coming out of his ears currently, but two months ago no one was hiring. He works Union, so that makes life much easier.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandy l View Post
I have been thinking about getting either the countertop or the toaster. What brand do you have?
thanks..
Breville countertop. I have had it for years. I think the new ones are called Smart Ovens now with more features. I would want one with only the oven feature if possible to find.
Old 12-09-2020, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
It's amazing how different things are across the country, even varying month by month. My DH is an electrician and has work coming out of his ears currently, but two months ago no one was hiring. He works Union, so that makes life much easier.

My son is Union (local 22 in Omaha) and he's said that the "inside" electricians are seeing some work slow down,but he's low voltage (fiber optic) and they are still very busy. Said that earlier this summer the residential electricians were seeing a slow down there, but things picking up again.