More pictures of Alaska!!!

Old 01-14-2010, 03:16 PM

What beautiful pictures, they could be postcards. Some day I might make it to Alaska.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Oh, how those photos make me miss Alaska!

The colors are gorgeous! And I know they are better in person.
(We used to live in Wasilla.) Enjoy them for me. :wink:
Awe what street and when did you live there? We lived there for 14 years. Yes, you know how gorgeous the sky & mountains are here...just STUNNING. no pictures do them justice!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by mosher92
What beautiful pictures, they could be postcards. Some day I might make it to Alaska.
Make it a priority! I am an army brat and have lived many places, this is by far the most breathtaking. Germany and its Black Forest is second :!:

Mosher92 if you come we'll have to get together and quilt.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:51 AM

Truly lovely there isnt it? with a warm cup of something in your hand, peaking out the window its spectacular! I wish I could come back for a visit. Too hard to walk on the snow these days.. and you do get a tiny bit of snow. Oh yeah, Lutak Road was the road in Haines I had a total brain cramp when we chat via PM. Up past the ferry station just before the road crossed the river that entered the inlet. That was where my home was. Grand view, tons of bears and seals and cool cool eagles. Send eagle photos.. (they are the seaguls of Alaska there are SO many). You brought back some nice memories. Thank you!
Old 01-15-2010, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
Truly lovely there isnt it? with a warm cup of something in your hand, peaking out the window its spectacular! I wish I could come back for a visit. Too hard to walk on the snow these days.. and you do get a tiny bit of snow. Oh yeah, Lutak Road was the road in Haines I had a total brain cramp when we chat via PM. Up past the ferry station just before the road crossed the river that entered the inlet. That was where my home was. Grand view, tons of bears and seals and cool cool eagles. Send eagle photos.. (they are the seaguls of Alaska there are SO many). You brought back some nice memories. Thank you!
Hey do you miss the mosquitos? Years ago (1994) I had medical stuff for 2 months in the lower 48 and I missed the eagles terribly so my husband surprised me with a video of a trip he took just for me. I believe he went to Hope :?: When the video arrived I remember just sobbing, that was so sweet of him to do :!: I love watching eagles. Driving through Eagle River early in the morning or in the early evening is eagle feeding time and a breath taking sight...you understand :shock:
I remember on many days seeing the trees covered with eagles. The coolest thing is seeing a fighter jet flying and the eagles perched in the trees....oh yea that is awesome :!: :!: :!:
Old 01-15-2010, 08:52 AM

Great Pictures!
Old 01-15-2010, 01:53 PM

Thanks so much for posting those pictures! I lived there for 2 1/2 years when I was kid). what a breathtaking place it is. Have soooo many fond memories of AK. I want to go back, but now, I think it will have to be in the summer - don't think I could handle the cold now. AZ has perfect winters (imho)
Old 01-15-2010, 01:57 PM

Wow. My dream vacation is and has always been to go to Alaska.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:25 PM

I can do without the mosquitos! :lol: But the wildlife - now that I really miss. We used to be able to watch moose from the front window. And you are right about the eagles. Wonderful sight to see!

Another thing I miss is seeing the salmon run.

It was fun to take my children to AK to allow them to see/do some of the things we had enjoyed while we lived there.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Google Goddess

wow, love those pictures, thanks for sharing!