Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Moving - How do you pack your stash? >

Moving - How do you pack your stash?

Moving - How do you pack your stash?

Old 07-29-2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel
I think it'll ruin all the fabric if you pack it... she should let you store it at your house. :)
ditto
Old 07-29-2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by frog90
use some of your fabric to pack your other household goods. All my dishes were packed this way and when un packed the boxes were again in my sewing room
I decided against packing that way because I don't want to have to unpack two rooms at a time.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by valsma
Plastic totes?

Ditto
Old 07-29-2011, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltbeagle
I used mine to wrap my glassware and breakables, then put the rest in boxes. It was a plus-plus for me...didn't have to buy any extra packing material for fragiles and used fewer boxes to hold only fabric.

I use my towels to cushion plastic totes for my fragile items and use hand towels and face cloths to wrap smaller items in. Then I just refold the towels in the new linen closet. My stash goes in clear plastic bins so I can see what colors are in what tubs.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:59 PM

Someone may have already posted this, I always put a "freshener" of some type in my bags. Dryer sheets, cedar chips, etc.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltbeagle
I used mine to wrap my glassware and breakables, then put the rest in boxes. It was a plus-plus for me...didn't have to buy any extra packing material for fragiles and used fewer boxes to hold only fabric.
I've done the same, and it works like a charm. A plus is that you don't have to wash your stuff that's gotten dirty from the newsprint/ink. It's a bit of a bother at the unpacking end, but I solved that by using empty boxes labelled by color, which is how I store my fabric in my sewing room, and everyone knew where which fabric went for the most part.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:23 PM

When we knew we were moving from MN to NM we started collecting apple boxes from the grocery store. Standard size. Even w/full able to move...except the ones packed w/books. Stacked evenly. Labeled every box RE contents. However, when we moved into the house, there were a few boxes labeled STUFF.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:30 PM

Fold it in the way it will be stacked after unpacking. Also color coordinate the stacks. I did it that way when I moved and umpacking was a snap./
Old 07-29-2011, 07:59 PM

i use it to wrap my breakables with it and the rest can stay in their totes or fit in wherever there is room in a moving box,
Old 07-29-2011, 08:09 PM

If you're packing yourself, or paying yourself. use the stash as padding between dishes or collectibles. The glass/special items are wrapped and the stash is taken care of. Could put large plastic bags in the box first to wrap it all in.

could save some money and not have to pay the weight of the paper wrapping they/you would have used.

sorry just noticed the duplication of idea