Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Mr Selfridge on PBS!!

Mr Selfridge on PBS!!

Watched rerun on Downton Abbey and they showed sneak peak of Mr. Selfridge! Love that show too. No date just coming soon. {{{{ sigh}}}}

I heard it was the end of March. I love it too. Both Downton Abbey and Mr. Selfridge make the winter go fast.

I love these shows too, now we are watching the new one, about the young handsome vicar. Can't remember the name of the show, my CRS must be acting up now.

Yay!! I love both shows but find I like Mr. Selfridge a bit better, so am happy to hear.
    Alyce

Quote Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin View Post
    I love these shows too, now we are watching the new one, about the young handsome vicar. Can't remember the name of the show, my CRS must be acting up now.

Title please......would love to check it out.......

Glad to see Selfridge coming back too......hip,hip,hooray for British tv...so much more intellectual than American offerings lately!

Wonder how it will go now that we know the diagnosis of his wife. Remember that this is a true story of Mr Selfridge and Downton is an original script. I had forgotten the fact that the Earl of the property where Downton is filmed help finance the search that ended in finding King Tut tomb.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    Title please......would love to check it out.......

Glad to see Selfridge coming back too......hip,hip,hooray for British tv...so much more intellectual than American offerings lately!
    Grantchester. Good show.
    Sally

Blog Entries
    I believe Mr Selfridge is coming in march

I love that show even more than DA!! I am thrilled it will be back. Hope it will be on in my area too since it was before.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I just found Grantchester. And am loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    Wonder how it will go now that we know the diagnosis of his wife. Remember that this is a true story of Mr Selfridge and Downton is an original script. I had forgotten the fact that the Earl of the property where Downton is filmed help finance the search that ended in finding King Tut tomb.
    Selfridge..I am so tempted to look up his biography, but it won't!

King tut......wow that is an interesting fact....I watched the interview once with the now occupants of that beautiful place and don't remember their mentioning that....maybe I wasn't paying that close attention at the time. I am just awed at the place!

Could it be Granchester?

Saw the first two episodes of Grantchester and loved it. Anyone know when the next season of Call the Midwife comes on?

Deb
    Do not worry about the past, for it is history,
    Do not worry about the future, for it is a mystery,
    Only live for today, for it is a gift, that is why it is called "the present."

I am a total masterpiece addict! Do you think Denise and Mr. Selfridge will ever get married? I love the new Vicar show too. There is a great book about the real original Lady Cora--Lady Almira and the Real Downton Abbey...It is a good light read for when Downton Abby goes on hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by maryellen2u View Post
    I am a total masterpiece addict! Do you think Denise and Mr. Selfridge will ever get married? I love the new Vicar show too. There is a great book about the real original Lady Cora--Lady Almira and the Real Downton Abbey...It is a good light read for when Downton Abby goes on hiatus!
    I read that book Mary Ellen, it was very good. Fascinating stuff. I love how the now Earl of Carnarvon has worked to keep the big estate supporting itself.
    Do not worry about the past, for it is history,
    Do not worry about the future, for it is a mystery,
    Only live for today, for it is a gift, that is why it is called "the present."

Diagnosis of whose wife with what? Obviously I missed something!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin View Post
    I think it's called Grantchester or something like that - it's a good show too.

Blog Entries
    True - and the heir and his wife live at Highcliff (spelling?) where Downton Abbey is filmed. Interesting family.

Have you seen this Christmas parody the cast of DA made? Hysterical, and Mr. Selfridge is in it!
    http://youtu.be/ryo7fqdmcGQ
    Tenacity is more than endurance. It is endurance combined with the absolute certainty that what we are looking for is going to transpire. -Oswald Chambers

...and here's part 2 of the Christmas Parody

http://youtu.be/dO4UMQIsCW0
    Tenacity is more than endurance. It is endurance combined with the absolute certainty that what we are looking for is going to transpire. -Oswald Chambers