Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My 2 Doxies waiting

My 2 Doxies waiting

Here's a picture of my 2 doxies waiting for what who knows. They lay like that as I am on the computer every morning and usually when I grab the camera they move, this morning they didn't. Silly "kids"!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Got-to Love those Dachshunds!!!!!

Quilters STITCH Together!!

I saw a t-shirt that said "Dachshund is German for little pain in the a**". I think yours look adorable! What a cute picture-thanks for posting!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

What a couple of cuties - thanks for sharing the picture.

that picture is so adorable! are they waiting for something?
    Donna

very cute I have one and he lays in a circle. love them

I have 2 also one is a mini and the other is a standard size wirehaired people say gosh he look like a doxie and I say he is just not the mini ones that everyone is use to.......... He isn't to keen on having is picture taken but the little one is a ham when I get the camera out. Just gotta love them.............
    Becky

Blog Entries
    adorable..thanks for sharing
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Banned
    Gosh, that's cute!!

One of my fondest memories from when I was working as a vet tech was a little, long-haired doxy named Toby. He had been hit by a car and was terrified and in a lot of pain. Any other dog, no matter how docile normally, would be fighting and biting us in their fear and pain. But when I held him so the doctor could examine him, he looked up at me with huge, trusting brown eyes and gently licked my hand as if to say "I trust you, do what you have to to get me better".

He stole my heart and those of everyone around him while he stayed with us recovering from his injuries. He was just the sweetest little thing! A week later, he went home with his family, but he has stayed in my heart all these years.

i have had dachshunds for 45 yrs have1 now an love them

Wiener dog! That's what our Black and Tan standard Dachshund Pepper was known as. He would chase cattle at the end of our street if he ever got out. Such a stubborn brat, but so loveable. I can't count the number of times I had to chase him into that pasture and try to avoid getting kicked by the cows. Boy, that was awhile ago!

Cute photos. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyS View Post
    Wiener dog! That's what our Black and Tan standard Dachshund
    I call them little long ones. Cute picture.
    Please post your pet's - past and present -pictures at http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ds-t32280.html

Blog Entries
    my mama cat comes and sits on the table near the computer and lays on my library bag, which she now thinks is her bed.

We just adopted our first doxie! He is the best!!! Would gladly have another one, he keeps us laughing. I am wondering if anyone knows of a nice Doxie pattern I could make into a quilt or a wallhanging. Thank You, and 10 stars for Doxie's!!
    Barbara

We have two Doxie's also. The joy they bring and oh the love. Mine do the same exact thing when I am sewing or anything other then sitting in my chair. If I am ralaxing in a hot tub (to soak sore muscles).. mine will lay down on the floor right next to the tub and wait for me. My DH dog, will stand like he is begging and bark and bark at me..he hates when he can not get to me.. what a joy.. love em.
    Faye

Blog Entries
    Love the picture of the back of your babies. I have a doxie as well and he is the best little dog. So patient and loving. I couldn't ask for a better companion.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    awwwhow precious... That is what my Avatar does she lays just like that with her bottom to me while I am on the puter and looks out the door-not sure what she is thinking !LOL A friend told me that she was guarding me and watching out for bad things .. maybe .. but I think its just cute !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

just maybe they're not waiting on something,, but guarding their mommy..

Wink Our Doxies

Here are two doxies. The black and tan is a mini Dachshund with two types of hair. He is a long haired and smooth coat mix. The black and white is a standard piebald female who has 5 big black spots on upper body and lots of little black spots on underside . Two of the big black spots are arranged diagonally on her back and side, with a squiggle of black between the spots, making them look like spectacles. She is a long hair also. Her name is Sugarfoot. The male is named Gunner's Coal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cute picture, I have had several doxies over the years and I have a doxie now that is the best one I have ever had. She is 6 yrs. old red and real laid back,her name is Daisy.
    Last edited by Quilter Day-by-Day; 01-13-2012 at 03:18 PM.
    Quilting is an addiction that you can be proud of and enjoy.
    Elna TSP,Kenmore,Singer Futura,Singer Red Eye x2,Singer 66,White Rotary Treadles x2, Montgomery Wards, Janome 10000,Singer 201-2 1947,Juki serger, Black 1947 Featherweight. Singer 301a 1951, Parlor Cabinet Treadle w/ White.
    Deb

Are they facing you? If not, maybe they're protecting "mom."

Love your little dogs! I have 3 mini-doxies and they are the lights of my life! (P.S. Please don't repeat that to my cat, Smokey... he's a love, also!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Antman View Post
    I am wondering if anyone knows of a nice Doxie pattern I could make into a quilt or a wallhanging. Barbara
    I do, I do!!! I saw this hanging up at Fabric Depot a few months ago. It was adorable. The pattern is called Hot Diggity Dog.

Name:  hot diggity dog.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  78.8 KB

DaylilyDawn...your doxie's are SO Pretty!! I can't believe how many people have doxie's, they are really addicting as they say you can't have just one. HA!! They are laying in front of me the front door is to their left so I guess they are protecting me....never thought of that.

The doxie on the left is Ratchet he is 3 and he is a red piebald. The other one is Jazzmyn she is 5 and is a blue & tan.
    Got-to Love those Dachshunds!!!!!

Quilters STITCH Together!!

Maybe they are talking over the plans for the day!!! LOL

Dee
    Just had to tell you of our rescue 1 1/2 year old Mini Doxie. Brindle colored. Her name is Crissy. Short hair and feels like velvet. Never had a doxie before, but keeps us l;aughing. So loving and in no time at all is adjusted. Only thing, hard to potty train on the training pads. Any suggestions? Kinda of letting it slide as we just picked her up on Monday. We are so happy to have adopted her. Will try and post a picture.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast