Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My 2nd fabric basket with tons of "bling"...please help me decide...would this work as a raffle item or gift it as originally intended >

My 2nd fabric basket with tons of "bling"...please help me decide...would this work as a raffle item or gift it as originally intended

My 2nd fabric basket with tons of "bling"...please help me decide...would this work as a raffle item or gift it as originally intended

Old 08-07-2011, 06:06 AM

Can't wait for the tute!!! Very nice looking!
judy
Old 08-07-2011, 06:08 AM
Power Poster

Karen, that is amazing!!! About gifting it to someone who has a kitty- ummm........... I vote no LOL Too much experience here with my beloveds when they were little :D:D

I do like the idea of an auction :)

Wonderful work- WOW!!!!!!!!

PS. Oh and one more- my sister collects vintage hats and I got here a really detailed one- well her kitten destroyed it hahaha :)
Old 08-07-2011, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

It might be a problem to have a raffle in your state, even if it's for a good cause, especially since you would be hosting it as in individual (rather than the raffle being held by a charitable group). I think this would especially be a problem if cash is involved in the prize. So... I think I would steer clear of that option, although it was very kind of you to think of it. Perhaps there's a group that has the "charitable institution" designation that could take this on?

As far as the son's girl friend with the cat, I think it would make a delightful gift for her, and I don't think you should worry about the cat. If she has cats, she should have some way of keeping them out of things that really would be ruined by them. It would be a shame if simply having a kitty kept her from ever receiving nice gifts. Maybe just give it and point out that you hope she will keep it safe from her kitty.

Regardless of who gets the basket, it is adorable and you've taken basket making to a whole new level with the cover insert.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:26 AM

Well I guess your hands would be sore, however what a beautiful basket...............calla
Old 08-07-2011, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
It might be a problem to have a raffle in your state, even if it's for a good cause, especially since you would be hosting it as in individual (rather than the raffle being held by a charitable group). I think this would especially be a problem if cash is involved in the prize. So... I think I would steer clear of that option, although it was very kind of you to think of it. Perhaps there's a group that has the "charitable institution" designation that could take this on?

As far as the son's girl friend with the cat, I think it would make a delightful gift for her, and I don't think you should worry about the cat. If she has cats, she should have some way of keeping them out of things that really would be ruined by them. It would be a shame if simply having a kitty kept her from ever receiving nice gifts. Maybe just give it and point out that you hope she will keep it safe from her kitty.

Regardless of who gets the basket, it is adorable and you've taken basket making to a whole new level with the cover insert.
I was wondering if I, as an individual, could do a raffle...and your comments confirm that I might not be able to. I do have several options for addressing this. So thanks for mentioning this...I'll be going to church in a few minutes and can ask some people "in the know" about how to proceed.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:29 AM

Karen- It is an awesome basket....kitty carnival though. I think raffle...but don't put the cash in the basket, just a voucher.
If you wanted to make another one that is quilt related, I bet you could get lots of donations from the QB members for quilty things to put in it.
I would like to purchase some chances for this one. Please PM me with details. Thanks! Sara
Old 08-07-2011, 06:30 AM

That is sew beautiful!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

Karen, I should clarify- I meant kittens, not cats :D:D

They eventually grow up LOL
Old 08-07-2011, 07:46 AM

STUNNING 15= :thumbup:
Old 08-07-2011, 07:57 AM

This is so beautiful.As for a raffle or an auction--I would think a private party would need some sort of license or permit to do that. If I had made this beautiful object I would want to gift it to someone special. But whatever you do with it, the person who receives it will be one very excited person.