Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My Beautful Granddaughter and Great Granddaughter! >

My Beautful Granddaughter and Great Granddaughter!

My Beautful Granddaughter and Great Granddaughter!

Old 10-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

We have 14 grandkids with one due in Dec so we are well blessed. The twin boys will be 7 in Nov and then they are 8/ 9 /11 /12/18/20 / and 22 with a DGS inlaw and a DGD inlaw and a DGGD who is 4 and a DGGS who is 2 so we are well blessed with grandchildren!! Adrianna is the youngest right now until the new DGS is born in Dec making 15!!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:58 PM

Beautiful girls. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:38 PM

Beautiful girls Rhonda. That baby is just precious! Beautiful baby. I am happy that you had some time with them. You have a great family! Very blessed. Thank You for sharing.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:57 PM

My gosh, I can't believe you have that many grandkids, I only have 1. Adorable little girl and cute mom also.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Power Poster

Now you know why I am so busy! LOL!! I have grandkids every weekend from Fri to Sun. So my work time is limited. but I want to be a part of their lives and leave them with great Grandma Rhonda and Papa memories! I love that I have a hand in helping raise them! Now that the older ones are grown I have 6 that are 12 and under that I see each one once a month for a weekend and I am adding Alisha(DGGD) for the first time in 2 weeks. She will be 5 in Dec so she is coming when I have Rachel who is 8 and Devon and Daymon who are twins and are 6 almost 7. They will be a blast to have! Papa doesn't do noise real well and Devon and Rachel and Alisha are all screamers!! LOL Should be an interesting weekend!! Papa has noise reduction headphones just for this sort of thing! And he will need them!! LOL But he enjoys the kids too.

My oldest grandson married Alisha's mom and brought Alisha into the family. So I haven't had a chance til now to include her.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:52 AM

Rhonda, that's a lot of Grands!! What a joy for you and Papa, and when you all get together, it must be a real blast. I have four childen, Linda,55, Rick ,53, Todd 43 and Troy,41. Five grandchildren 32,21,17,8 and 5. And a wonderful daughter-in-law, Becca. We get together quite often as all live within 20 minutes of me, and the noise and laughter can be terrific. For awhile anyway, and then ahhh, peace and quiet!,LOL Enjoy your wonderful family!!
Old 10-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by clem55
Rhonda, that's a lot of Grands!! What a joy for you and Papa, and when you all get together, it must be a real blast. I have four childen, Linda,55, Rick ,53, Todd 43 and Troy,41. Five grandchildren 32,21,17,8 and 5. And a wonderful daughter-in-law, Becca. We get together quite often as all live within 20 minutes of me, and the noise and laughter can be terrific. For awhile anyway, and then ahhh, peace and quiet!,LOL Enjoy your wonderful family!!
Oh we do! My oldest Grandson was in a head on truck collision a couple of years ago now. He got a good settlement. they just bought their first house and are almost done fixing it up. they bought all new appliances and furniture. We went over the other day to see the house. I've been there twice now. It is huge!! 4 BD up and one down study LR large kitchen etc!! I so enjoyed it. This grandson just climbed Pike's Peak a couple of weekends ago for charity. It was really a hike but he had a great time. It is so much fun sharing in their lives!!
God has definately been good to us!! I see all of our grands on a pretty regular basis even tho they all lead busy lives. My youngest son is the one I rarely see. He is busy and a loner like me so he doesn't feel the need to connect very often. But I get to see him when he and Angie bring the twins from time to time.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:42 AM

My oldest grandson just bought his first home too. Now he and my daughter are busy painting, laying tile and excited as all get out about moving him in. His new home is 5 minutes from his mom, so she is very happy about that,
Old 10-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by clem55
My oldest grandson just bought his first home too. Now he and my daughter are busy painting, laying tile and excited as all get out about moving him in. His new home is 5 minutes from his mom, so she is very happy about that,
Cody bought a house a block from his parents. They just got finally moved in this last weekend. They have repainted recarpeted new roof new wiring and I don't know what all. They are replacing the upstairs furnace. It was two apts at one time so there are two furnaces. The upstairs one is 30 yrs old and smells funny so they are replacing it. My son is an electrician with his own business and Cody works for his dad's co. So they know how to do all that. They had a crew come in and they resurfaced the two tubs to look like new. Cody redid the kitchen countertops himself so they did alot of it on their own but had to have some of it done professionally.

They are so happy to be out of a small small apt. They have 2 little ones 2yrs old and 4 yrs old so it is great they have all this room to run now.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:56 PM

when my youngest son got divorced, his wife got to stay in the large home he had worked on very hard himself, so it hurt like heck to move out of it. We purchased an old home at auction for him, until he could get finances all settled, AND HE TORE INTO THAT HOUSE, took everything down to the studs, removed walls, added a new bathroom, did all the tiling himself, new flooring, new windows, etc. He did all the work himself (with some brother help) and now he has a very pretty, up to date home. I think it is wonderful when these young men try doing so much on their own. My husband knew( sort of) HOW TO PAINT AND THAT WAS ABOUT IT. Now when we need something done, we call on the kids. Yea!!! I hope your grandson and family will be very happy in their new home.