Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My Christmas Woes

Hello everyone,

I was so excited about Christmas this year because I was just about finished with the bow tucks purses I was making my DD's and DIL's when Christmas Eve happened. We were at our DIL's for their Christmas with us when around 5:15 that evening my DH stood up and said he couldn't lift his left arm and his speech was slow. We called for an ambulance and he was rushed to the hospital. My wonderful DH suffered a TIA stroke and was admitted to the ICU after being given a drug called TPA(clotbuster) and he has regained probably 98% of what was lost. Thank God for everyone's prayers we received. His carotid artery on the right side will have to have surgery soon - it is blocked 70% and the doctors think that is what caused the stroke. I was by his side the whole time he was in the hospital and he came home 12/27 with a good prognosis. We will be celebrating Christmas with the other 5 grandchildren over this coming weekend. Thanks for listening just had to let it out!!!

Kathi in PA

Blog Entries
    Glad he is recovering well - will pray for continued recovery. Have a great late Christmas and New Year.

So glad everything went well, and the outcome was good! Happy celebrating this weekend!

So thankful he's doing ok!!! ((((HUGS)))) Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by dream56
    Glad he is recovering well - will pray for continued recovery. Have a great late Christmas and New Year.
    Thanks dream56 :?

Kathi in PA

Quote Originally Posted by annyroony2
    So glad everything went well, and the outcome was good! Happy celebrating this weekend!
    I can't wait to see the grands and see my DH enjoy a good weekend and home cooked meal. :-o

Kathi in PA

np3
    Blog Entries
    Glad he is doing better. Praying for continued recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by trueimage
    So thankful he's doing ok!!! ((((HUGS)))) Merry Christmas
    Thanks for hugs and i'm glad he's doing well!! :-o

Kathi in PA

Glad he is okay!!!!!!!!

Glad he is doing better. DH had a stroke 5 years ago, he is mostly better now.

PLEASE learn the signs of a stroke. If you think someone may be having one, do this simple test.

1- Ask them to raise both arms equally
    2. Ask them to smile
    3. Ask them to say a simple sentence.

If you see they have difficulty doing any of these tasks, get them to the ER right away!!

PS - strokes are not just for old folks, people of any age can have strokes, even children and babies.

Power Poster
    Hoping for a speedy recovery!

JJs
    Banned
    glad to hear he is doing so well, thankful that an ambulance was near enough to do some good....
    hang in there..

praying for him and you too.

Prayers and well wishes. It was great that he quickly realized and conveyed that something was amiss with his physiology, the difference of a minute can save a life. I'm glad this was true in your family. Many, many well wishes to him and your family! All the best for 2011!

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
    - The Creative Seamstress

Thank goodness he told you and thank goodness you got quick assistance! Glad he's doing so much better so quickly.

I'm so glad they got to him quick enough to use that medicine! I'll be praying for ya'll! And like Ptquilts said, it is a fast test....the smile test really works well!

I wish him a complete and speedy recovery.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Those clot-busters are true life savers! So glad he got them quickly and hugs and prayers for a full recovery. :D

Oh I am so sorry, but glad to hear that he is doing well. Yes that TPA drug treatment is wonderful, my FIL got it and in time was 100% better, except for one word: debris, he began to call it derbis. He is gone now, but we all have starting calling it derbis instead of debris

I am glad he is ok!

Blog Entries
    God gave you a good present even tho it may seem the opposite. Your DH is well and can be fixed. I hope things go alittle better for you soon.

The quick action of getting him to the hospital so quickly is what made the differance. I am so glad he is going to be okay. That has always been my biggest fear!

Blog Entries
    So happy that your husband is doing so well. Bless you and your family's celebration and a Happy New Year.

roseOfsharon

you SO did the right thing to get him to the hospital immediately! that first hour is the most important, and most people don't know that. by getting him in so quickly, you probably saved his functionality, if not his very life.

stroke goes ignored so many times because people think that they can "wait it out" or "it will go away". it won't happen that way.

you all did good!!! please, folks, go here and read for a few minutes. the life you save could be your own--or the very precious one of someone you love!

http://www.americanheart.org/present...dentifier=4742

*gets off soapbox, hangs nurse's cap back on the hook, and leaves*

Thank God he didn't have one of those "I didn't say anything because I didn't want to ruin everything for everybody else...' moments...

About 10 years ago, my neighbor, now deceased, had a stroke on 12/25. His family noticed but thought it was the 'flu' or something like that. One side of face drooped, one side of body wasn't working well, but they thought it was the flu? He had diabetes, high blood pressure and a host of other problems, most of which put him at high risk for heart attack and stroke.

Let's just say that 12/26 was one day too late to start treatment for his stroke.

Your husband did exactly the right thing, and so did you. Your priorities were in exactly the right place.

I will pray for your husbands continued recovery.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast