Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
my crumb squares are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

my crumb squares are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my crumb squares are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-08-2011, 07:40 PM

Gosh, I couldn't imagine. My MIL lives 700 miles away and is rarely here to visit. When she does come, she doesn't say anything about my house keeping or lack there of. I have kept her wild child son on the straight and narrow for over 20 years. For this she and FIL are eternally grateful.

To the lady who's MIL refers to you as her sons "First Wife" The next time she drops that little bomb look her right in the eye and call her "Your first MIL", then very sweetly say "Maybe I'll do better the next time around."
Old 10-08-2011, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
Gosh, I couldn't imagine. My MIL lives 700 miles away and is rarely here to visit. When she does come, she doesn't say anything about my house keeping or lack there of. I have kept her wild child son on the straight and narrow for over 20 years. For this she and FIL are eternally grateful.

To the lady who's MIL refers to you as her sons "First Wife" The next time she drops that little bomb look her right in the eye and call her "Your first MIL", then very sweetly say "Maybe I'll do better the next time around."
SOOOO funny!

I have to admit the 'first wife' comment would grate on me too.

But I've said that I'm married to my 'first husband' for over 40 yrs now and it doesn't sound so bad when I say it. Maybe I should rethink it and drop it, tho he laffs.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by wraez

SOOOO funny!

I have to admit the 'first wife' comment would grate on me too.

But I've said that I'm married to my 'first husband' for over 40 yrs now and it doesn't sound so bad when I say it. Maybe I should rethink it and drop it, tho he laffs.
It is different when we say it to or about a spouse. To have a MIL say it is just insulting and mean.

As for the crumb pitching, passive aggressive MIL - Her and her son would know in short order exactly who and what he married because the fit I would pitch would explain it very clearly.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:09 PM

He never complains when I buy new fabric so I'm good. It was a honest mistake, he normally doesn't move or touch anything in there so I'm ok with it, just have to start building a new pile and next time don't leave it near the door. I have my sewing room in the dinning room and for him to get to his bedroom he has to come through this room so locking the door isn't an option but since he normally doesn't bother with my stuff, I don't get bad about this. Just as long as it doesn't happen again. LOL

Originally Posted by QuiltE
And with that did he pass you some "hu$h" $???
Hope so!!
Old 10-09-2011, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Debbie C
Hey if she left her coat, you could use it to make new crumbs!! just saying
Originally Posted by girliegirl
mmmmmmmmmmm well she did leave her coat here!! maybe it will get lost.........

Originally Posted by jitkaau
You could always get rid of something she doesn't need the next time you visit...
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-09-2011, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard
Originally Posted by QuiltE
Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo
Originally Posted by girliegirl
mmmmmmmmmmm well she did leave her coat here!! maybe it will get lost.........

Originally Posted by jitkaau
You could always get rid of something she doesn't need the next time you visit...
:roll: I don't have a clue, you mean you sure you left it here, I haven't see it. LOL
Oh I don't think it's here .... wonder? would it be under the china cabinet?
You know I think I saw it under my crumb squares. I'll bet they are together somewhere!!!
Love this one for sure LOL
Old 10-10-2011, 12:20 PM

WEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL waiting to hear what happened to the squares lol. I have an idea. Since she likes to "clean" while you are not there, leave her a list of things you would like her to do. Clean out the fridge, clean the oven racks, wash the windows lol...that would keep her out of mischief in your sewing room and she might get the idea. WHERE ARE THE SQUARES??
Old 10-10-2011, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Margie
WEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL waiting to hear what happened to the squares lol. I have an idea. Since she likes to "clean" while you are not there, leave her a list of things you would like her to do. Clean out the fridge, clean the oven racks, wash the windows lol...that would keep her out of mischief in your sewing room and she might get the idea. WHERE ARE THE SQUARES??
Yes, still waiting.... hope they are found!

I like the idea of leaving a list of things to do. At the top of my list would be to clean the fridge too, I hate washing down the shelves and bins.
She would be welcome to damp dust and wash those floor boards or whatever they are called between the walls and carpets etc. They always get so dang dusty. And clean my mirrors too ... oh wow I have lots that needs to get cleaned, LOL.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Margie
She posted here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-158934-1.htm
Old 10-10-2011, 04:39 PM

oh my!!!!! yikes love it........
Originally Posted by Mitch's mom