Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
my crumb squares are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

my crumb squares are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my crumb squares are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-06-2011, 05:14 PM

my MIL comes to my house 4 days a week to watch my 5 year old, she puts him on the bus at noon and has the whole after noon of quiet time with the tv .... she is 66 and gets paid $170 a week. I made plans for daycare and they decided this.. she likes to run the sweeper and dust, that is fine, she can do wash if she wants, sometimes she brings hers, that is fine, just don't go in my dresser, leave the sink drain where it belongs! in the sink, and don't touch my sewing machine and last one.... don't put my tomatoes in the fridge! that is all I ask.

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Are you paying her to come and babysit every day?

How old is your child?

How old is your MIL?

Haveever considered that babysitting every day at her age may not have been in her plans?

(Not all grandparents live and breathe for the opportunity to take care of grandchildren on a regular basis.)

I do agree that the only person that should be messing with your stuff is you -
Old 10-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Kas

Did you find them yet?
Old 10-06-2011, 05:25 PM

I've got to keep my eye on this I need to know the outcome!!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:27 PM

Can't you just TELL her to please not touch your fabrics or anything of yours that is even remotely connected to your sewing? If she gives you a hard time, just bop her over the head with a frying pan!! JOKING!!! Just checking to see if you're paying attention!! roflmbo!!
You seriously need to explain to her that it's YOUR house and she is not to touch your stuff!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:35 PM

I hope you find them. My MIL still refers to me as DH's first wife. I'm his only wife. :?
Old 10-07-2011, 02:59 AM

ha. frying pan? how bout a cast iron skillet? no i have not found them . I have to ask her now this morning about them!
Originally Posted by Debbie C
Can't you just TELL her to please not touch your fabrics or anything of yours that is even remotely connected to your sewing? If she gives you a hard time, just bop her over the head with a frying pan!! JOKING!!! Just checking to see if you're paying attention!! roflmbo!!
You seriously need to explain to her that it's YOUR house and she is not to touch your stuff!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 03:42 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by girliegirl
ha. frying pan? how bout a cast iron skillet? no i have not found them . I have to ask her now this morning about them!
Good Luck! ... a difficult conversation! :)
Old 10-07-2011, 03:45 AM
Power Poster

I can send you some if you can't find yours!
Old 10-07-2011, 03:48 AM

Have you asked her where she put them? My DH accidentally threw out a bag of fabric that I had been saving that belonged to my deceased DIL. I couldn't emotionally work with them as her scent was still in them and it was still too raw but new I would eventually get to a place where I could. Unfortunately the they were gone by the time I discovered they were missing. Hope you have better luck than I did. Needless to say he never touched anything in my sewing room again. Ann in TN
Old 10-07-2011, 03:51 AM

First of all- you said you have to keep quite until your the perfect wife----- raise your voice. You are!! Your married to the son not the MIL.

I have came to the conclusion that I will never be the perfect wife -- in the in-laws eyes, even if I have been married 22+ years.

Ask her if she took them to make you a special quilt as you have looked all over and can not find your crumbs.