Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
my crumb squares are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

my crumb squares are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my crumb squares are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DBrooks
Just wear your witch hat and maybe she'll stay away! :-)
And don't forget, she needs to wear her granny boots too!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:18 AM

Sooooo sorry to hear that! I would let her know that you appreciated her efforts to help straighten up but your sewing area is totally off limits to EVERYONE. Everyone in my family knows they don't even touch a single thread on the floor in my sewing area. They don't move anything, even if they think it "looks" messy. If she has never done that before, she may have thought she was helping. Next time, post a sign on the door.......
Old 10-07-2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by wraez
MargeD and others, I think if my dh, MIL, etc invaded MY area like this I would say something like ... awww so nice of you, now I'm gonna clean out your workbench/man cave/ garage/ etc etc . Then DO IT and put all their stuff in big trash cans that they can now resort thru.

Ok guess I have a mean streak when I hear about stuff like this.

My DH respects my areas tho he does tease me by saying when I'm gone for the day that he will 'clean' something for me, but he won't. He just loves to tease me a couple times of year. But he said the sweetest thing to me last week, never said it before ... Hon you keep the house looking so nice.
Wow, now there is a keeper! :thumbup:
Old 10-07-2011, 11:44 AM

I feel you pain. My husband let my exDIL clean the house while I was in Europe (I had told him many times to stay out of my sewing room). She cleaned (??) the sewing room of all of my bag of scraps. I couldn't even go up there for about 2 weeks after I got back, everytime I looked up there, I would start crying. Can't say anything to her because of the grands, so I just fume, quietly. I can't find patterns, fabric, and books. No one can decide was is important to you. She also cleaned off my computer desk and the desk in the kitchen. I can't find my IRS reports for the last several years, I had a stack of papers to file and they are gone ?? somewhere. She stuck things everywhere and anywhere. Needless to say, it took all I had to not do away with my DH. However, I would think she would known better, too. But thinking back she doesn't have a lot of snap. Sorry about the long vent, but I can't do it here. And I am working on letting it go.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Snorky Lvs2Quilt
Next time, post a sign on the door.......
The BEST advice yet ...

AND post a BIG BOLD sign and be sure to be explicit to dh about what 'won't happen' if he ignores it too, LOL.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Power Poster

I would ask her where they are and explain they are expensive!!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 12:10 PM

I would be looking in the trash. Can you ask her nicely what she did with them?
Old 10-07-2011, 12:58 PM

When I was growing up, I had some cousins (young) who would go through my dresser drawers. I caught them and told then the next time I would close the drawer on their hands. I also told my parent, their parents and my grandmother. About 15 minutes later all you could hear was the cousins crying because someone closed the dresser drawers on their hands. You know what, they never did that again. Their parents mad and grandmother was very mad. My parents just said good girl. lol
Old 10-07-2011, 01:31 PM

We were taught to respect other peoples things. If it wasn't yours, you kept your hands off. unfortunately some people think they have the "right" because they are "helping". Or need to feel "needed" Not in my house!!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by KatFish
I hope you find them. My MIL still refers to me as DH's first wife. I'm his only wife. :?
OK...that seriously cracked me up!!! Too funny!