Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My Elna was stolen

Oh that is just awful! Hugzzz to you and good luck on getting your stuff back, and finding a new machine....

Sandi

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Don't forget to keep an eye on CL-it may show up there. You might also want to check on upillar.com.

I am so sorry this happened.

Oh, my heck! What a terrible thing to have happen. Makes me glad I live where I do. I left my car open with my purse in it while I went and ate at a restaurant and it was just fine. My Brother lost his wallet at the gas station and 1 hour later we went back and it was right there on the ground with everything still in it, $200 in cash and credit cards ect.

So sorry to hear that your trip went great, except for the loss of your Elna and other items out of your car.

Thanks for the warning. I would not have thought about someone wanting a sewing machine. Sorry you had to find out the hard way. Hope carma gets them.

Blog Entries
    Make sure to check Craigslist in your area, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99
    The old Elnas were superb machines, but the new ones are not necessarily that way. I would encourage you to look at other brands -- especially Janome, Pfaff and Bernina. Brother also seems to have a good reputation these days.
    I had a Pfaff dealer tell me this week that the new ones do not have near as good as quality as the old ones did.

So sorry to hear of this. Hope you get a replacement for the machine soon.

awh im so sad.. Hope you find it. That really hurts to hear this sad news. you know something will happen to the person who took your stuff.. I believe in CARMA.... Smiles to you. And a great big hug..

So sorry for your loss, I know a machine is almost like a child, (at least one or two of mine are) I am attached to my Quilters Dream Elna, would love to find another one to purchase.
    Good luck in your search for a replacement machine.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    sorry to hear about this...so sad..on so many levels..

as for being a "sewing" machine and now you are quilter...not much is different...

millions do it all on less than you Elna...just find one that fits your needs be it a nice sturdy classic, or a hope it lasts 5 years newer model!

That is terrible!!! The economy is making peple do really stupid things!! So sorry!!! :-(

So sad that scumbags find it easier to stral from others then it is to work and buy their own stuff. We don't travel much but, last time we carried everything in to the motel and back to the truck when we left for the day. Spent day with a local couple and left truck and things at their home. We didn't travel with anything of value.

So sorry for your loss. I have an old Elna and I still use it for the heavy projects and it is my first love. I would second the suggestion to check craigs list and pawn shops. Chances are, if they want to turn your stuff into cash they would stay local.

Quote Originally Posted by michelehuston
    That is terrible!!! The economy is making peple do really stupid things!! So sorry!!! :-(
    There has always been scumbugs breaking into home, cars, business, etc. Much easier than getting a job to buy their own. I was very poor growing up and we never stold anything from anyone.

I have an Elna 7500 Quilting Queen & absolutely Love my Elna!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry you had your car stripped of contents. We had our new van, full of things for family members stolen in broad day light in front of Holiday Inn in MA. We only had the van about a week and we managed to get it back a few days later with all things gone, they even left dirty old sneakers and took my new ones and left their keys in the console while taking out our radio system. Hope they were locked out of their house!!

Its a darn shame you lost your prize sewing machine and many other items in the quilting line....I feel your pain.

The car was parked at a friend's in an upscale neighborhood. For over a year (in the past) I've left my vehicle there with nary a problem. The break-in was between 12:30AM and 6AM. Just days earlier I increased the deductible on my insurance from $500 to $1000 - go figure!

The registration number for the Netbook was entered into a nationwide pawn shop registry, but it hasn't turned up. I didn't have the serial number for the Elna, just an identifying mark I mistakenly made on it when it was very new. So, if you see an Elna SU Air Electronic out there with a purple line coming forward from the throat plate, let me know. :)

Quote Originally Posted by pjaco
    Make sure to check Craigslist in your area, too.
    My cousin checked Craig's list and pawn shops every day. I couldn't because I was traveling and didn't have my Netbook. I mentioned it on Facebook too so friends were keeping an eye out for my "stuff".

What was so painful is the quilt was only the 2nd I'd ever made and I was so doggone proud of it (it's my avatar). I made another for my Grandson while I was traveling and it's safely with him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Phannie1
    Thanks for the warning. I would not have thought about someone wanting a sewing machine. Sorry you had to find out the hard way. Hope carma gets them.
    The robbers had no idea they were stealing a sewing machine. They just reached into the window they broke, grabbed the luggage on the seat and took off. The sewing machine was inside a suitcase, not its own case. Several cars in the neighborhood were broken into the same night.

Can you put an ad in the local paper and offer a reward?
    Sorry you were victimized.

So sorry this happened to you.

Blog Entries
    So sorry for your loss. How disheartening. {{{Hugs}}}

So sorry to hear this!!! :( i vote for a Janome :) BTW - check with your homeowner's insurance company if you have one. When we were traveling in our MH the ins. agent said everything in the rig would be covered by homeowners. :) It's unbelievable to me that people think they deserve OTHER people's hard-earned possessions!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast