Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My future quilters at work!

Blog Entries

My future quilters at work!

This past week two of my grandchildren have been visiting. My grandson learned to completely thread 'his' (in the future when he is 10) Singer 401A vintage machine. He really wanted it to go home with him but he needs to learn a few more things and before it goes to his home.

My granddaughter likes to be like Grandma and wear my glasses. Here she is also sewing barefooted, like Grandma. The last picture is of her hand sewing a little pillow that she sewed on my Singer 301A.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Cute, cute, cute - kids and the products of their work! I hope they stay with sewing, but even if they don't, they'll always have the memories of time with grandma, as will you!
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

What a lucky grandma you are to spend time with your beautiful grandchildren. And it's a bonus that they want to learn what you love!
    Lori

What a wonderful time with you they will treasure their entire life.

Power Poster
    great memories for them they are adorable!!!
    QUILTNMO

Blog Entries
    Thank you for all of your kind words. My heart is very sad since my home is empty with them gone. Hopefully, we will be together in a few months.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.

You have very clever grandchildren! looks like they are on their way to creating many wonderful projects.
    You are giving them a gift that will last a lifetime...the gift of sewing and creating. Thanks for posting the great pictures.

Oh how great I am learning my GN and her brother how to blanket stitch they are 10 & 11 we have to teach our younger pepole how to carry our crafts on . Great for you gm isnt it wonderful

Kids are as cute as can be and lucky you. Mine are all 1000+ miles away and I never see them much.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol34446 View Post
    Kids are as cute as can be and lucky you. Mine are all 1000+ miles away and I never see them much.
    Oh, my heart goes out to you.

Linda

What great quilting buddies.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    It's so nice that they sew with you. They will remember these times with you! What memories they are creating.
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

I noticed that your grandchildren are using vintage machines. My youngest grand daughter is 10 and she enjoys sewing with a featherweight and my older Bernina 930. She made a tote bag after shopping my stash.
    Sharon

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Keep up the great work Grandma .. You are passing on a tradition that will hopefully help them the rest of their lives !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    What a fun time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    I noticed that your grandchildren are using vintage machines. My youngest grand daughter is 10 and she enjoys sewing with a featherweight and my older Bernina 930. She made a tote bag after shopping my stash.
    Sharon
    Yes, the grandkids are using vintage machines. The kids are 6 & 8 and have been sewing since they each were 3 (on my lap at that point). I have 30 machines and only one is a 2004 machine.

The Singer 401A will be his when my grandson is 10 or 12. I have a 50's Eldridge for my granddaughter but she is more interested in my black Singer 301A. It is my newest acquired vintage machine and it hums beautifully.

I bring a different machine with me when I go to visit at their home. LOL, they each expressed a desire to own a computerized sewing machine. I told them kindly that they would have to save their pennies for a long time.

Linda

How lucky the kids are to have you to teach them. What a gift that they will use forever!

Suz
    Congratulations on teaching the children early in their lives. This will be one fond memory of you for them in years to come.

My daughter learned to sew when she was 6. She made a corduroy dress w/zipper in first grade, now she is a quilter. We purchased her first machine when she was 7 or I would never have been able to get to use my machine. She was akways in my chair.

Loved working with the girls in 4H in clothing construction but more recently quilting. Had many grand champions. I think kids are like sponges. They soak it all up.

Memories being made, weather they every make quilts or not they will always have this to say OH! sis remember when Grandma let use sew. I just this past week end gave my youngest grand daughter a short lesson on how to make neck scarves . gave her what I had that she would need to practice with. We both loved that time together, granny here is starting to have health issues so better get these time in while I still can. Guess what we are all getting hand made scarves for Christmas this year (:
    Freedom to speak is a gift ;please don't take it from us..

What wonderful memories you are making with your grandchildren! They will treasure your time together always!

It brings joy to my heart to see young children interested!