My Kitty

Old 05-01-2009, 01:18 PM

MadQuilter,

I am so sorry your kitty didn't make it!! I think the vet office should have had a little more tact in getting you the paw print, like asking you if you wanted it, or at least letting you know they were sending it! I couldn't imagine opening the mail and being faced with that surprise, I would be so upset! I worry about my cat making it through surgery if the surgery becomes necessary, but I think it's important that we at least give them the chance. I know your kitty is thankful that you did every thing you could to make him better!!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:30 PM

So sorry to hear about your kitty. I really hope the therapy works for her. I recently did some research on cat nutrition and boy was that an eye opener! I switched my cat to a premium wet food Natural Balance immediately. She went after this like she had been waiting for it all her life. She loves the Ultra formula and also the Venison with peas and Duck with Peas. I buy this at Petco. Although she hasn't had any health problems, I have noticed a distinct difference in her general vitality and coat condition. Here's a link to reading about obligate carnivores and the benefits of a raw diet. Although I don't go to the lengths that some might go to, I can honestly say it's been a change for the better.
http://www.rawfedcats.org/
Old 05-01-2009, 01:40 PM

I feed my cats the Natural Balance too, but in the dry formula.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by leona07
I feed my cats the Natural Balance too, but in the dry formula.
Definitely try the wet! I'm steering away from all kibble now.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:32 AM

I have the exact same problem with my cat, she's been clear for about 5 years now, but she HAS to stay oh her own special food,or the bladder stones come back. I started noticing there was a problem when she wasn't moving around much, and spend soooo much time on the toilet not actually peeing, but trying. (ya, she pees in the toilet, don't ask me how she learned that) And then she started peeing on soft things like my bed, the couch etc. Anyways, she was given these antibiotics, and some special food and we got lucky, and the stones disolved. Now it's more complicated because we have two cats, and we have to supervise suppertime because each one likes the other one's food, lol!

Anyway, I feed my cat Royal Canin Medi-Cal urinary S/O. In the green bag. It's only available from the vet, but it has a little maple leaf on the bag, so I'm not sure if it's available in the US. It's also available in wet food, so that's a plus, my cat thinks she's getting a treat :)
Old 05-02-2009, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by CindyBee
So sorry to hear about your kitty. I really hope the therapy works for her. I recently did some research on cat nutrition and boy was that an eye opener! I switched my cat to a premium wet food Natural Balance immediately. She went after this like she had been waiting for it all her life. She loves the Ultra formula and also the Venison with peas and Duck with Peas. I buy this at Petco. Although she hasn't had any health problems, I have noticed a distinct difference in her general vitality and coat condition. Here's a link to reading about obligate carnivores and the benefits of a raw diet. Although I don't go to the lengths that some might go to, I can honestly say it's been a change for the better.
http://www.rawfedcats.org/
Thanks for this info. I have never even thought of this. Now I feel bad kinda for being so trusting in vets with all the hype of do this do that. What is this food that you use is it more natural?
Old 05-02-2009, 04:45 AM

Melanie....that's pretty much what happened with Big Boy when he started his UTIs. It was horrible seeing him trying to pee.

I now use the Prescription Science Diet W/D...used to use S/D, but it wasn't really good for the little girl. Talked to the vet and we compared the 2 foods. Big Boy gets what he needs to maintain a "healthy pee" and little girl also gets fed a good diet.
They also sell it in canned/wet, but neither one of the cats like it, so for treats, I buy just the very small cans of wet food and divide it between the both of them. They are VERY finiky on what they eat in wet food, so it's a trial and error most of the time. They LOVE to change their minds. One week they want all beef and chicken, the next week, they turn their noses up at it. Then, I'll put down some tuna and they'll eat it like there's not tomorrow. Will give them more 2 days later, and they turn up their noses again! UGH! Sometimes I just want to smack them! lol
Old 05-02-2009, 04:55 AM

You are so funny :lol: :lol: so true on wanting to smack them. Whats that saying you call a dog and he answers right away you call a cat and he ignores you. You leave a message and you might get answer.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:59 AM

Im so sorry. I will keep you and your Kitty in my thoughts. I hope the meds and the special cat food will work! :)
Old 05-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

How is Kitty doing?