Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My love/hate relationship with Pinterest >

My love/hate relationship with Pinterest

My love/hate relationship with Pinterest

Old 05-18-2018, 05:07 PM

I know all these social media sites need a following.... honestly I read through the QB... and then Quiltville.... and then FB where I am a member of groups.... I usually only check up on 2.... but even at that... I thought I should/would do Instagram because family was doing it.... and then Pinterest.......but so far... I am fully booked brain wise on the places I have chosen.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:01 PM
Power Poster

I can't get the hang of it. It seems confusing to me.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:12 PM

Not a pinterest person; not a facebook person. I'm here; a couple of other odd sites. Between those and email, enough of my life is sucked out of me...don't need anything else to continue down the internet rabbit hole.
Old 05-19-2018, 03:22 AM

I was hooked at first...saved a bunch of stuff, emailed myself another bunch! But recently, not so much.....cluck on a site....all ads and clutter. Some are so old they really don't give much current info....and some no longer exist. I'm going less and less there....I really prefer YouTube for info.
Old 05-19-2018, 03:42 AM

Much, too much, junk to sift through. Promise of patterns or tutorials that do not materialize.
Old 05-19-2018, 05:55 AM

I like the ideas on Pinerest, BUT I hate when I can't find the pattern
Old 05-19-2018, 05:58 AM

Nope, I limit my computer time. I used to sit on it for hours reading blogs. Then my DB got ill and I was driving back and forth to the Indiana/Michigan border. He died and my heart was ripped in two. Afterward when I read about their lives, I wondered “who cares?” I have my own life to live and I’m not doing it while reading about theirs. Pinterest is full of stuff not even related to what I want and rarely can I actually find that free pattern they say is there.
Old 05-19-2018, 06:23 AM
mac

Oh, so I am NOT the only person that can't find the 'free pattern'. Geez, sometimes I feel like a dog chasing a rabbit and never catching it. It is kind of like chasing your tail. Once in a great while, I catch it.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:51 AM
Suz

I, too, go to Pinterest too often and too long. One question I have is, why are there so many clothing pixs amidst the quilting sites. They are clothing sites I do look at, but why are they mixed in w/quilting. Whether it is FMQ, string quilts, applique, whatever, more clothing pixs. Anyone have an idea?
Old 05-20-2018, 03:34 AM

I must be the wild child. I love Pinterest. I have a lot of categories to put thing for later. My problem is that I see someone else's rendition of say Bonnie Hunter's Allitaire and I try to copy the colors (don't even know if that's legal) and I mess it up and get another UFO. Example is a purple and green example of Allitaire and there it sits. I do change it a little, just to fit my stash.