Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My love/hate relationship with Pinterest >

My love/hate relationship with Pinterest

My love/hate relationship with Pinterest

Old 05-20-2018, 05:46 AM

I love Pinterest for saving things. I use to print out recipes or knitting patterns, etc. Now I put them on Pinterest and pull them up when I need them on my tablet or phone or computer, Saving a lot of paper and ink and place to store the info.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

I like looking on Pinterest for crafty ideas, recipes, etc. But I find the "ads" or irrelevant things that show up to be very annoying.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:28 AM

I'm not a fan of pinterest either. Especially when they show items says pattern but you never find or get the pattern. Makes me so mad. So I rarely go there; now this site on the other hand - I'm like SusieQOH (must be our northern genes - or something); HOURS spent here when I could/SHOULD be doing something else - oh, like quilting or sewing!!!
Old 05-20-2018, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

my new addiction, and it doesn't cost a thing. i spend about 10 hrs a week on it. it might be more, but i don't notice.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:33 PM

If I dare to go there . . . I must make sure that I have nothing "pressing" to do! (No pun intended!) Found out my first time that I CAN'T QUIT. It has to just wear me out . . . literally . . . till I feel like my eyes are crossing or it's way up in the AM and I must get some sleep . . . before I can call a halt to it! I absolutely love it! Some of my "folders" like flowers, old barns and covered bridges are such a salve for a weary soul. You are not alone!
Old 05-20-2018, 02:42 PM
Power Poster

I love Pinterest and have thousands of pins. It used to be so much better... before they started sticking ads and clickbait in among the pins. I hate that and don't spend nearly as much time browsing as I used to, because of that garbage.

I love to look at what other quilters have pinned... and yes it can really suck you down the rabbit hole. It's not a pattern site. Sometimes there is a link to a pattern or blog tute, but not always. But you have a picture, and if you can create without a pattern, you can take it from there.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:19 PM

Yup! It’s like falling down a rabbit hole! You never know where you’ll end up!!
Old 05-20-2018, 11:58 PM

I know , I love pinterest I to have so many pins saved .
Old 05-23-2018, 09:10 AM

Default - pinterest

Originally Posted by lyric girl View Post
I despise Pinterest. It just doesn't work, at least I can't figure out how to get it to work, and I am very good with software. If my Google searches come up with Pinterest, I don't even bother going there.
This works for me. For example if your google search is; free quilt pattern follow it with a (space)-pinterest.com

Nothing Pinterest pops in to annoy you or me.