My Monster Bag

Old 04-16-2022, 12:38 PM

Default My Monster Bag

I know this isn't quilting, but has anyone made My Monster Bag by Brenda Miller? I am so stuck and there is no tutorial for her patterns. I have been doing quilt as you go bags but this is first free form.

Thank you,
Evelyn
Old 04-16-2022, 01:50 PM

I haven't made the Monster Bag, but I have discovered that a lot of bag patterns have awful instructions. I've gotten to where I'm very picky about which ones I buy.
Old 04-16-2022, 03:29 PM

Www.amongbrendasquilts.com has contact info, have you tried that? I see they are moving so may not respond immediately.
Old 04-16-2022, 05:22 PM

She usually is quick to respond, and as thimblebug6000 noted, she is in the process of moving.
What part exactly are you having trouble with? I've made many bags and can usually puzzle it out...
Old 04-18-2022, 09:42 AM

Yes that is where I got the pattern but just stumped. I do email her but frustrated that I can't follow the pattern. Only second pattern ever I could not master.
Old 04-18-2022, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by evelyn5269 View Post
Yes that is where I got the pattern but just stumped. I do email her but frustrated that I can't follow the pattern. Only second pattern ever I could not master.
Don't feel bad. I've made a ton of bags and tried to make one by StudioKat. I never could figure out what she was talking about (she used different terminology on the pattern pieces than in the instructions and had a set of instructions plus you had to download more instructions from her website. No consistency between these two sources) and finally just made the bag up anyway I could to get it finished. Worst pattern ever.
Old 04-19-2022, 07:16 AM

The colors are pretty on the photos but a bag of that size would be too heavy for me to carry once I filled it up . Just give me two medium sized bags, one for each hand and I am good to go. For the rest of you......Sew On and show us your big ole bags AKA Monster Bags. Will be fun to see your efforts and how you use them.
Old 04-19-2022, 12:29 PM

I'm making a tote bag from Blue Calla right now marked "beginner" and it stated it would take 4-5 hours......I think they should take the dash out because so far it's taken me 3 hours just to cut and interface and prepare the pieces and well over an hour to make the straps. I haven't even started sewing the thing yet.

Watson