My New Ironing Board

Old 02-26-2018, 08:04 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]589797[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]589798[/ATTACH]I got this idea from this board. Thanks to who ever it was.

Get an old changing table and convert it to an ironing board. It has taken me about 4 years to locate the changing table and fix a piece of plywood. But it is done now. Now I have more places for my stash. I was going to open the drawers and show off my stash, but I became distracted by some purple jelly rolls. I had to force myself to come back to task: showing how well the ironing area works.

I took the top off and found a 3/4 inch piece of quality plywood and covered it with regular ironing board quilted fabric. That plywood just sits on top of the table. I can easily change that cover. And it's starting to wear out so maybe this summer I'll do that when the installer man is in town.

I think I paid $20.00 for the changing table. What I didn't want was something that would fall over. I've always distrusted regular ironing boards for that reason.

Marcia
Attached Thumbnails 20180226_104021_resized.jpg   20180226_103914_resized.jpg  
Old 03-01-2018, 10:54 AM

I am still using the same ironing board I got in my bridal shower (and that is 55 years ago). Probably came from Walmart. I have repainted it, it was a little rusty from leaking steam iron over a number of years. I think I used rust oleum something like that. Have made a wide top from plywood and covered with batting and fabric; I really like using it, but just don't have room for it, so it usually stays under bed. My ironing board is pretty wide and very sturdy, unlike some of the newer ones. I thought I needed a new one and it just isn't as good as my 55 year old one, so it stays in the closet. I like your changing table.