My New Nest

Old 02-06-2011, 08:53 AM

Well, we are progressing with the move. We signed the Lease on the 31st and we are scheduled to move the week of the 21st.

DH did a mini-move today. He rented a Budget truck and took the necessities that he needs to camp out at the new house. Why pay a hotel when we have already paid February rent on the new house. We will still receive his company per diem until the official move later in the month.

I took alot of the advice that I got in the other thread so a lot of my stuff was moved this weekend. I went through my fabric cabinet, with a lot of help from our neighbor's 16yo who I have taught to quilt, and packed my fabrics, kitted projects, etc. in plastic tubs. I figured even if DH didn't take them, the movers would just put the tubs into boxes, but they are there now. Along with all of my machines - new Brother, both Featherweights, Sergers, my treadle in pieces, and a couple of other old machine that I just haven't bothered with. He also took my Grace Frame so that the movers didn't find a way to ruin it.

What is left is mostly books, magazines and some of my cross stitch stuff and yarn. Not as much to ruin in that mess, but I will be packing them in the next week too.

I am still EXTREMELY frustrated with the recovery of my shoulder. Because of the extent of the surgery, all of my rehab so far has been just stretching that the PT does. I am not allowed to do anything really. I am breaking the 'rules' right now by typing. I am not stressing the joint at all because the keyboard is in my lap so no streching or anything, just movement from the elbox down. I have started crocheting in the last week or so and not having any problems with that. And LOTS of reading.

So DH is meeting the youth group from a Lutheran Church at 1p to help him unload the truck and help get settled. He is going to buy everyone pizza after they are done. It will be so nice to be able to attend a church that is not 1hr20min from home. It is really hard to be a Lutheran in North Carolina. :lol:

EDITED TO AD - After looking at the layout of the house, DH said that he had decided that we were going to be switching the master bedroom and my nest. I was afraid of what he had planned, but it turns out that I am getting the master bedroom as my nest room. The master bedroom is the 2nd largest bedroom out of the three. So he decided that the biggest room should be the master even if the bathroom was not attached. Which is fine because DH would not have used the master bath to get ready in the morning anyway. He always used to use the other bath so that he didn't disturb me in the morning.

So my new nest is - 10'6"x13'6" with hardwood floors. I really can't be happier. But I still think that I need a longarm for the family room. But I have to work on that.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:56 AM

Take it slow and do what the Doctor says!!!! It's hard I know (had back surgery years ago so I do know)... but it really is important to not do too much.

May the rest of the move go smoothly and your healing progress quickly.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:26 AM

May you learn to love your new home. And a word of warning, please, PLEASE get new locks for all your doors, if they don't have new ones now. No telling how many copies of the keys have been shared with the previous renters' friends.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:46 AM

What type of shoulder surgery did you have? I'm facing shoulder replacement surgery in a few months and your post scares me a little. Have fun setting up your new next.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:16 AM

Don't overdo... What a sweet DH, giving you the big room for Quilting !! Now that's a Man who knows how to take care of his sweetie :)
Old 02-06-2011, 11:30 AM

good luck with the move and take care of yourself
Old 02-06-2011, 11:37 AM

Wishing you the best in your move and healing for your shoulder. I'm still in PT after foot surgery - it is hard to be limited in what you can do. BTW - your new sewing room sounds wonderful - enjoy!
Old 02-06-2011, 12:29 PM

Take care not to overdo!! You don't want to "undo" anything that the Dr. did!!!!!!