Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My Secret Garden and chit chat >

My Secret Garden and chit chat

My Secret Garden and chit chat

Old 11-30-2011, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Andii View Post
I don't think I've seen this plant and I love the kind you're talking about-pluck it off tuck it in and it grows. The picture almost looks like a poincetta. Initially, did you buy or start the plant from a cutting or does it come in seeds? I'm going to look for it at Home Depot on my next run.
We have always just bought a plant or got clippings from friends, like a trade. Give me some of yours etc. Even though you may plant a clipping from the same plant, the new plant can be totally different. This one in particular does look like a poincetta and I think it because it's in direct sun and we didn't trim it back.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
Thanks for the coffee break...I need to see something pretty this time of year...all the leaves and plants are gone. Everything is so dead looking and I start to get blue. I guess that's why I do so much sewing during the winter.
Tink, my husband is from Chicago and my MIL used to tell me stories of the cold etc. I could never live in a cold climate. I would rather roast in the sun lol. For the longest time, hubby used to get on my nerves because he was forever saying....look at that sky, come and see this painter's sky etc. I realized why, when he told me that for months you couldn't see a blue sky in Chicago lol. I was so taking our skies for granted, now I admire them lol....Anyway Tink, on days of grey, when you feel blue, sew with bright colors or if you knit, use bright and scandalous colors and also wear color, you don't have be dressed like the weather lol......just trying to cheer you up.