Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My sewing room is distracting. >

My sewing room is distracting.

My sewing room is distracting.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:31 PM

I too live alone and can put my stuff anywhere I want to. Computer and fabrics stored in second bedroom, fabrics in large totes in the garage. Sewing machine in the livingroom, cutting area on the dining room table. yea I'm kinda spread-out.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by grayma
I have set my stuff up in the basement and now find that I don't want to go down there! I tried to have the TV on today and I made it for about three hours down there. I keep hearing noises upstairs and I know no one is home. With the dehumidifier going and the A/C running nonstop, I am finding it too noisy. So I might wind up sewing in the dining room again.
Same thing with me!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:35 PM

My (roughly 12'x12') orange room has all of the following in it; two corner desks with computers, an old computer desk that is currently my sewing desk (my machine is out 365 days a year), a 36"x60" kitchen table that is only used for cutting, and a 3' open shelving unit that has nursing books and part of my stash that has spilled out into it from my 6' cabinet. The cabinet is in the tv room, next to the small shelving unit.

So, my ironing board does not fit. I've got that set up so I can watch tv while ironing. That gives me a chance to stretch my legs a smidge periodically during a project.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by erstan947
If I lived alone I would have a "quilt house" a long arm in the living room, etc.
ohhhh, wouldn't that be wonderful!
Old 08-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Banned

WEll i get teased non-stop in my house for my STUFF taking over everything.

At first my long arm, desk( with computer) and stash were in the family room.....
but Then my Dh and sons converted our attached garage into my studio...so they could have their rec room back...well now that I am getting a second long arm...my desk has to go back in the family room...LOL Oh well.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:11 PM

Well..... I have one treadle in the living room. I have two treadles and two electrics in cabs in the dining room. I have a treadle, two electrics in cabs, and six portables in the sewing room, and a mid-arm in the bedroom.

If I can convince him to get rid of his recliner and entertainment center, I could fit a lot more into the living room!! :lol:
Old 08-24-2011, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by charismah
WEll i get teased non-stop in my house for my STUFF taking over everything.

At first my long arm, desk( with computer) and stash were in the family room.....
but Then my Dh and sons converted our attached garage into my studio...so they could have their rec room back...well now that I am getting a second long arm...my desk has to go back in the family room...LOL Oh well.
A SECOND long arm??! Oh, my! :)