Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-05-2011, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by humbird View Post
Can't find much of anything I like yet, but guess I'll stick around for a while and see how it goes. At least for another week or so. Won't waste my time after that probably, unless I can figure things out.
Same here!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:51 AM

Hi, I'm sorry, but I don't like anything about the new format,please bring back the old one.
Sandy
Old 11-05-2011, 04:52 AM

Default I fully agree, .

Originally Posted by wendsy View Post
Just 1 thing? I guess my biggest problem is the way the content is set up. I liked the old newsletter that had all the new topics listed for each day with the catagories separating them. I liked knowing when sign-up for the new swaps were, now I can only find ones in progress.
It is now telling me I have not used enough characters to submit, what a load of B*** Sh**.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:56 AM

Just my humble opinion of course, but I wonder if it is possible to have the pages readable from "most recent post" so we don't have to keep going to the last page. That was a bugaboo w/me on the previous style of the forum as well. Unless someone quotes the first comment every once in awhile you have to scroll through several pages or every other 3rd page etc.

I try not to get set in my ways and be flexible, but after awhile, it's too much trouble and too many cups of coffee to search through the morning posts. Thanks for listening !
Old 11-05-2011, 05:00 AM

When I can get on the board and not get a "can not connect to this web site" message; I agree that it takes forever to navigate from one page to another, waiting for the page to load. If it loads at all and I don't get kicked off. Quilts are made for warmth and comfort. This board WAS that warmth and comfort to many of it's members. including me. The drastic change took that away. It was like going backwards MS windows to DOS. Not more user friendly, just confusing. WHOEVER desided to change everything, took the risk of losing members and thus limiting the number of views to its paying advertisers. Members of Bank of America made an outcry about the $5.00 fee and they dropped it, maybe the board should listen to the outcry of its members and bring back the user friendly board.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I really miss the daily digest. The new one just doesn't do it for me. There's hardly anything in it.
I agree loved the old digest this one sucks big time!!!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:12 AM

Can't find all my bookmarks, don't get any email notifications, what happened to all of my postings and topics? In other works hate this new format. Like everyone else I am to d#%$ old to have to sit here for hours on end trying to figure out this new c*&$. Why update something that was working? All this is doing is taking us away from our quilting and our lives at home to try and figure out something else. I use to love this board and yes I am a newbie considered to some others, but I would grab my coffee, go thru all my emails and leave the QB for last, just so I could sit here and enjoy it. There is no enjoyment anymore, this new format has almost brought me to tears a few times. So Kistie just because you have never seen me post anywhere, you don't have the right to be so rude! I do post and before this change I was considered a REGULAR! Its people like you that make this place not worth coming back to and if I get kicked off so be it. I can and will find another board to join.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:12 AM

Just 1 thing? I guess my biggest problem is the way the content is set up. I liked the old newsletter that had all the new topics listed for each day with the catagories separating them. I liked knowing when sign-up for the new swaps were, now I can only find ones in progress.
I agree. I REALLY love this board, but I don't like it now because I can't just look at the new topics and see the pictures at a glance.
Thanks.
Donna
Old 11-05-2011, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by deemail View Post
well, we've been told to read 'important announcement;' 'QB help;' 'positive comments;' 'negative comments;' and now FAQ....i object to the fact that they did not do this well and are waiting for all of us to stumble on the right answers to everyone's questions is exactly what has made it so difficult... if they had opened with the FAQ from their testers and basic instructions so we could locate our favorite parts, then a lot more people might be further along. they have renamed existing functions without telling us, some functions have disappeared, and maybe the new functions they put on are great, but we have to wait for someone to find it and spread the word... it is not asking too much for a little head's up when the whole site is going to change appearance (i thought the white got better, but today it appears to be back) and okay, i can get used to using the word 'subscription' incorrectly, but where is all the quilt info? it's been 4 days and someone would be back to discussing their quilts instead of site bashing... they took away a site that worked, and replaced it with one that is frustrating and they are still telling us to 'look around,' 'explore,' etc., but that isn't what we came for....they did this to us, stop blaming the users.

and while we're at it, where is FAQ? you gave us a link and I thank you for that, but i would have to come back to this thread to locate it the next time something comes up... i have not seen the button or heard it referred to previously ... thank you for the link, but we do need its location...
Click on the Home tab, click on Main and it appears in blue just below the ad.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:18 AM

I totally agree, I feel like we lost space so everyting is really cramped, its not as easy to view topics and lists.