Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-05-2011, 05:21 AM

Can't post pictures. I should be able to says I can but CAN'T.
Snownannie
Old 11-05-2011, 05:24 AM

Default Have to agree

Originally Posted by wendsy View Post
Just 1 thing? I guess my biggest problem is the way the content is set up. I liked the old newsletter that had all the new topics listed for each day with the catagories separating them. I liked knowing when sign-up for the new swaps were, now I can only find ones in progress.
I'm not much on change at my age. Still learning and liked it just the way it was----I read what I was interested in..now the searching takes more time from time I already don't have.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:27 AM

I still find typos when I post something. Ugh.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:31 AM

What I do not like about the new board.....the time it will take me to re-learn how to navigate. I am not a patient person by nature. sigh, oh well. We will look back on this one day and wonder what all the fuss was about, I hope.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:33 AM

The old forum was so simple, and that was the charm of it. This one is so much harder to read.Whats the old saying
Why fix what ain't brock.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:38 AM

What happened to all my bookmarks? It is not as easy to navigate as it was. I like the old format.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:40 AM

In time we will all come to think the new format is "home". But...I just need the Daily Digest to work (it did work yesterday ..does not work today) This forum is just too large for me and my time is limited.
Thanks to all those who have worked so hard on this.....change can be difficult but I'm confidant we will all muddle through.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:42 AM

I am not having fun. There is no guide to show you how to maneuver around to find the favorite spots. I manage a busy physicians office and have a small business on the side. This use to be my fun time. No longer! It's just more stress.
Can you still bookmark pages?
Old 11-05-2011, 05:44 AM

I don't like the Recent Threads layout. The same threads are listed more than one day in a row
Old 11-05-2011, 05:45 AM

It can be frustrating. The V bulletin software offers so much versatility and it can take care of some of the issues we are talking about. The catch is the features have to be turned on by the System Administrator not a moderator. If the SA doesn't want to add the feature then we are S.O.L.
For instance:
PM's - The software makes it possible to download all of your previous PM's into a folder on your computer. Once you download them, your PM box is emptied. When it gets full, you repeat the downloading to your folder. This feature is not in use on the board at this time.

Finding Recent Posts: Under the 'Quick Links' tab it would be possible to link to only 'Today's Posts'. This feature is not in use on the board at this time.

there are other things and they may be instituted as time goes on and as need arises. We are not the only ones with a learning curve to muddle through right now; this software is new to the SA's and Mods. I know they did beta testing, but like all things - until it is used in real life situations - you just never know. If this board was a new Bernina I wouldn't throw in the towel and return it after only 5 days.

Last edited by Mitch's mom; 11-05-2011 at 05:48 AM.