Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-05-2011, 06:21 AM

I need an indication of which threads I have read.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:24 AM

I agree with Roberta

The search feature, I'm finding, is set up a bit oddly right now. I tried an advanced search to find a Folded Dalah (is this a real item) and got nothing. I did a search on a Singer 15-91 and got everything ever written!
When you go to 'Advanced Search' there are 2 tabs at teh top. right now it (for me, on my computer) is defaulting to Search Multiple Content Types. I couldn't find anything. I toggled to Search Single Content Types. Under that tab the forums are broken down into sections so you can search only the forum pertaining to what you are looking for. I chose Tutorials but no results for a Folded Dalah.

All of it !!!

Same here, I haven't found the "Recent Topics" button yet.
Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Loss of the "Unread Topics" option is what I miss most. (The blue "Recent Topics" button here is not the same.)
Old 11-05-2011, 06:27 AM

I don't have a problem with the new forum other than the horrible ads. What I have a problem with is the smug members who tell us we must accept change, we must take the time to figure it out, and indicate there's something wrong with those who don't get excited about change.

I'm glad I'm not one of those people who has the time to poke endlessly trying to figure out new stuff. I have too much fun stuff to do to be bothered with someone else's idea of better. I'll happily adjust on my own, but to act superior because you DO embrace change is ridiculous.

Any good business knows that when you throw change at someone, they don't stick around. Ask Netflix, for example.

The forum is fine. My life doesn't revolve around forums and if I have to work at finding something, I'll happily just do without.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:34 AM

I guess I am more computer illerate than most, but while I was trying to follow instructions from a member on how to customize my color and font I changed my screens so radically that it is horrible and I when I click on Settings I get a message that this is no longer supported. I would really like an instruction sheet page. A page of How to's included from the developers. I think I will have to PAY to have someone fix the QB and teach me how to use it. Either that or quit it. That's sad as I'm on a fixed retired income that doesn't have any extra in it. I really feel this isn't a beginner user friendly site.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:34 AM

You said it best joyce888
Old 11-05-2011, 06:36 AM

White background is awful...Cannot see the print well at all. Try bolder fonts and different backgrounds.
I will check board in a month to see if it has been changed. If not..............boo hoo
Old 11-05-2011, 06:36 AM

The only thing I can think of is that I just haven't had time to travel around and learn the new board...also the avatars are fuzzy.