Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-14-2011, 12:30 PM

the thing I don't like the most is when I bring up a site that has a photo everything is distorted and fuzzy any else having this problem
Old 11-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dodee View Post
I'm told to go to PDA, but when I try to go there, it says it is not in existance. Is it or isn't it??????
Personal Diaries are still there. Home page--almost at the very bottom. When all of this change first happened it was stated in one of the FAQ's provided that PDA's would 'go away', but who knows if that is still true or not!!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 01:24 PM

I didn't have any issues with the board today at all maybe it needed a strong cup of coffee to get going this morning lol
You can setup your account so you don't have to log in everyday it will remember your account ID and your password with my account it just automatically connects. Depending on what you use to access the board you can ask it to remember your password (I use Google Chrome)
Old 11-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by NANAOF2BOYS View Post
it wont let me hit the back button to go to the beggining of the blog or forum whatever you call it now and asks if i want tolave the page it will then take me back to the main page and i have to start all over again to fine what forum i want
It is confusing to me as why I can hit the back button and go right back to where I was, but some people can't. I wonder if it has something to do with the settings on the computer. I do have to click Leave this Page a lot, but it always goes where I need to.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:18 PM

Pretty much all that so far has been listed. It is not that I do not like change, just takes me more time to do what took less time.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Honeynga View Post
I think you "hit the nail on the head" in my life also....I've got so much going on in my life, including my own health, that I don't really care anymore about the "board" and its issues......when the changes were first implemented i felt as though I had lost a very good friend...I hate what has happened, my feelings are that we subscribers were mislead, but I've picked myself up, dusted myself off and have moved on. Maybe I'll find another board that will be to not only "fit" my needs but one that I'll be able to fit their needs also. I don't have the mental nor physical energy to try and navigate the changes and try to understand how the new system works. Granted that I'm old (64) and not that computer savvy, just disappointed in the new board, the plus side is that I'll stay off the dad=gum computer and do something constructive !
i have a degree in 'computer design and repair', worked in database design and management and this thing is a mess....don't let them tell you its our fault for not knowing how to run what they have done. there a dozen ways to get to some things and no way at all to bookmark FAQ! If there is a way, then it's not something i could find in the last 45 minutes... i keep finding people's comments and questions and the moderators still do not give us new information each day to solve SOMETHING new... it is not helpful to reply to one person when that one represents hundreds of people all saying the same thing. We keep asking for help and if they are giving it to us, they have neglected to mention how to access that help. There is a 'Help' forum and it has hundreds of replies for us to wade through and there may or may not be anything useful in it...I gave up after a couple of hours.

For two weeks I have asked over and over for information on how to use their new design. We have been given 4 or 5 explanations from other members on What's New.... none of them get rid of the old msgs that we already read...if a new comment came in, there it is again. And who can blame us for trying to use other members' information, it is how we all learned the old version, we just learned one at a time with dozens of helpful members to get us through it. Bookmarks continue to be a problem with lots of people, though they seem to be available to me. However, it is frustrating when the administrators tell us how to 'subscribe' when members ask about bookmarks. They are not the same thing, do not act in the same way and still we cannot get them clarified. Then when the person who asked tries and gets tons of subscriptions instead of a bookmark, you have one more frustrated user. And finally, the settings...they actually want you to go to a background Settings area every time you need to reset the order of forum listings...you cannot make them once and keep them. Two of the 'display order' settings do not even have a place to set them in Thread Display...you still have to reset them every time you go in....not every day, but every TIME you go back and forth between forums, which they force us to do because nothing is where we think it is and we have to search around. So now we have to go to Settings to set options, then we have to go to the forum itself and reset the rest of the options and sometimes they work and sometimes, like today, i set it for 'last 2 days' and when it had sorted and reopened, there was a post from May, 2010! How long are we supposed to wait for the administrators to tell us how to set this stuff...as apparently we are all expected to do!

Last edited by deemail; 11-14-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by deemail View Post
i have a degree in 'computer design and repair', worked in database design and management and this thing is a mess....don't let them tell you its our fault for not knowing how to run what they have done. there a dozen ways to get to some things and no way at all to bookmark FAQ! If there is a way, then it's not something i could find in the last 45 minutes... i keep finding people's comments and questions and the moderators still do not give us new information each day to solve SOMETHING new... it is not helpful to reply to one person when that one represents hundreds of people all saying the same thing. We keep asking for help and if they are giving it to us, they have neglected to mention how to access that help. There is a 'Help' forum and it has hundreds of replies for us to wade through and there may or may not be anything useful in it...I gave up after a couple of hours.

For two weeks I have asked over and over for information on how to use their new design. We have been given 4 or 5 explanations from other members on What's New.... none of them get rid of the old msgs that we already read...if a new comment came in, there it is again. And who can blame us for trying to use other members' information, it is how we all learned the old version, we just learned one at a time with dozens of helpful members to get us through it. Bookmarks continue to be a problem with lots of people, though they seem to be available to me. However, it is frustrating when the administrators tell us how to 'subscribe' when members ask about bookmarks. They are not the same thing, do not act in the same way and still we cannot get them clarified. Then when the person who asked tries and gets tons of subscriptions instead of a bookmark, you have one more frustrated user. And finally, the settings...they actually want you to go to a background Settings area every time you need to reset the order of forum listings...you cannot make them once and keep them. Two of the 'display order' settings do not even have a place to set them in Thread Display...you still have to reset them every time you go in....not every day, but every TIME you go back and forth between forums, which they force us to do because nothing is where we think it is and we have to search around. So now we have to go to Settings to set options, then we have to go to the forum itself and reset the rest of the options and sometimes they work and sometimes, like today, i set it for 'last 2 days' and when it had sorted and reopened, there was a post from May, 2010! How long are we supposed to wait for the administrators to tell us how to set this stuff...as apparently we are all expected to do!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:49 PM

All of the above and then some. I used to love this site and spent hours, pouring over every thing. Now this is only the second time I have been on here since the change. I can't find anything and can't enjoy pic. of all the quilts that used to be on here. I'm sure they are still there, but can't find them. I just gave up on the whole site. Hope they listen to all the complaints and try to bring back what we had. PLEASE???
Old 11-14-2011, 05:53 PM

Maybe we all should start our own site, fashioned after the old one. How about that??? Sound good???? I haven't heard anyone who likes it. 65 pages of complaints. Anybody listening????
Old 11-14-2011, 06:39 PM

I think you sumed it up in a nutshell and weren't even trying. We didn't have to learn how to navigate the old board. You simply joined and entered a do-it-yourself place with self explanatory titles.

Originally Posted by neece View Post
I love that Patrice is so involved and takes care of us and the board. We have to remember that all of us have used the board for a long time and like having what it was. so my good point is that we have this and after we get used to it it will probably be our best friend again.(I do miss all the avatars)