Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-05-2011, 08:01 AM

Can't find anything I like!! It took me several trys to just login this morning.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:02 AM
elm

I agree with you, the white background is very difficult on the eyes. My other problem is with the print. It looks grey instead of black. If I had a way of changing Arial Black as you can on the reply section as you can see, my problem would disappear. Even changing the font size helps a bit, but a darker color like this or the arial black is best. Really like this blue. Wish I knew how to get the board messages in this color.

Originally Posted by TnBecky View Post
I'll go first, I can not stand the WHITE background. Please see if they can change it to a soft yellow or a pale green. I saw a post that they had darkened it down, but I can't tell enough of a difference. Thanks, Becky.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by wendsy View Post
Just 1 thing? I guess my biggest problem is the way the content is set up. I liked the old newsletter that had all the new topics listed for each day with the catagories separating them. I liked knowing when sign-up for the new swaps were, now I can only find ones in progress.
\

Agreed. The digest was much better with the older board. I'm missing out on a lot of postings. I'm also not getting updates of my swaps.

Then again, I DO like the graphic link boxes with how-to's. Not sure if the Tutorials are set up that way or not.

Last edited by reeskylr; 11-05-2011 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Added 'Like'
Old 11-05-2011, 08:10 AM

Just 1 thing? I guess my biggest problem is the way the content is set up. I liked the old newsletter that had all the new topics listed for each day with the catagories separating them. I liked knowing when sign-up for the new swaps were, now I can only find ones in progress.
I agree whole heartily!! I feel I'm missing so much because I still don't know where to find things. Did I miss something that explains where/how to find things?? If so, please, please share with me. My days have not been the same since the change. Kinda like not getting your morning coffee fix to get you going!!
Old 11-05-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by elm View Post
I agree with you, the white background is very difficult on the eyes. My other problem is with the print. It looks grey instead of black. If I had a way of changing Arial Black as you can on the reply section as you can see, my problem would disappear. Even changing the font size helps a bit, but a darker color like this or the arial black is best. Really like this blue. Wish I knew how to get the board messages in this color.
Most boards have the default look and then half a dozen different ones that you can change too. I believe they should be able to get the code for that. People like different things and having a list to choose from on the backgrounds should be available, it is Windows.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:17 AM

I like the old way of finding things where the topic, like chit-chat, then under it you could read the titles, then decide if you wanted to read any of them or move on to the next subject. Now you actually have to go in to look. This going back and forth is time consuming.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:22 AM

How in the world to we get to private messages HELP
Old 11-05-2011, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by veryvirginia View Post
I still find typos when I post something. Ugh.
Are you using the new spell checker that is one of the message formatting options above the message box?
Old 11-05-2011, 08:36 AM

Default White background!!!????

I guess I was reading comments posted about the new format.... With all the confusing information, I never even noticed the white background... If that was all that was the problem, I sure wouldn't mind... Bring back the old format and I will be happy... I know, I know, grumbling again...
Old 11-05-2011, 08:39 AM

Ditto! Hmmm.. I needed to make it 10 letters long before it would post?!?