Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-05-2011, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by themachinelady View Post
Not everyone likes to post a lot but does enjoy reading the board, so just because they don't post doesn't mean they haven't enjoyed the board before now. I find the board difficult to navigate around and much more time consuming to use (and I worked with computers for 31 years). I will stick around yet for a week or so and if I can't navigate it better will leave. I simply don't have the time.
I kinda agree with kitsie on the members. I also understand The Machine Lady's point. But, I've been checking the dates and number of posts these members have and many of them have over 2000 posts so they had to have been posting somewhere. I've been a member for a year and I basically devoured every topic just for info and I loved making new "friends" with the posters. Now I wonder how I missed out on some of these great members?????
Old 11-05-2011, 09:15 AM

i can't find anything. the former board was much eaiser to follow and now i am not so anxious to look at it. it makes me very sad.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by suegriff View Post
i can't find anything. the former board was much eaiser to follow and now i am not so anxious to look at it. it makes me very sad.

that's me too. This board used to be the first thing I would look at in the morning when I open my PC. It was like reading the morning paper with my coffee. Now....I am not as excited. I know changes are for the better and I will stay with it for a while but if it doesn't become easier....well......it just makes me very sad.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:35 AM

I feel like I have been cut off from all of my friends here due to being forced,( by the site) to delete all previous PMs in order to send a new one from here. Having to delete all that info brought me to tears. There should be a simple way to delete individual PMs instead of 'delete all' as the only option. If you sent me any contact info that you would like me to have, would you resend it? I miss you all so much.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:38 AM

Since this is my first time on this board since all the changes, I am sort of floundering. Rather than compalin at this point, I would like to add a suggestion. I see lots and lots or repeated comments on this board. this means having to read through the same thing again and again. The short amount of comments I read today proves that. What I would like to suggest is to add a thumbs up so people can just click on that if they agree with the comment. I know there will still be people who won't do that but maybe it will cut down on some of the repetiveness.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:41 AM

Well, since the "horse has left the gate" as the saying goes, this is all after-the-fact. I personally think the members would have been much better served had we had advance notice the format was changing, when it was to be effective, some tutorials on how the new format would look and how to navigate through it. Personally, I have written to the board a couple of times in the past and never received a reply so maybe they need to increase their staff. And I'll bet the people who designed the changes are not the average stay-at-homes who haven't made using a computer a priority in their lives, thereby feeling confused and overwhelmed right now.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:43 AM

Not being able to find my book marks. hitting the wrong button and detleteing allmy PMs
Old 11-05-2011, 09:59 AM

hey, now we all have more quilting time
Old 11-05-2011, 10:00 AM

I don't like the fact that I cannot find my bookmarks, pages etc...
Old 11-05-2011, 10:05 AM

I can't access the page from the former URL. I had to go to Google to get connected. Has anyone else had that trouble?