Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-06-2011, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by ssuzz View Post
can't find anything and can't download a photo . read the instructions for photos and it says theres a browse button ..I can't find any browse button .. Was only here a couple of months so I guess can give it up...just don't like it now
When trying to post a photo, click on the "Go Advanced" button right next to the "Post Quick Reply" Then, when you post your photo it will give you a Browse button.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Snorky Lvs2Quilt View Post
I can't even figure out how to start a new thread/topic.....??????? Download a pic????? Anyone know how to get the signature to work instead of it just showing a link?
I don't believe your signatures will work anymore.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by roxie623 View Post
It seems like they are coming out of the woodwork now. It is hard to believe that they have never ever posted one thing until now, and what do they post? COMPLAINTS! I would prefer that they continue as they have in the past and not post if all they are going to say is something negatiive.

I think maybe in the past they were happy just reading the board and looking at the pictures. Didn't have anything to complain about.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:38 AM

The thing that has helped me get acclimated to the new board has been the Home tab at the top. If you click on Home and scroll down, all the sections we loved are still there - main, pictures, recipes, etc, etc, etc. Plus some new sections. When I find a section I like, I click on Thread Tools (just above where the comments start, upper right) and follow the directions to subscribe to the thread. I hope this may help someone. Soon, we will get our "sea legs" with this new board and feel at home and begin to appreciate the changes! I was so frustrated at first, but now I am loving the changes! You are all so valuable to this board, please try to stick it out!
Old 11-06-2011, 03:54 AM

I know you asked to read all posts before posting but I have very slow dial up and with each window that opens my dialup gets slower. I can get used to new but I don't have time to spend waiting for pages to load or trying to find things. The new changes sure aren't dialup friendly. However I understand changes do make it easier for whoever runs the board and I have loved it and will once in a while get on again. There are wonderful people here and lots of helpful info. I do have to admit I have trouble seeing the print too. I don't know if it is the stark white background or the type. I am sorry it had to change but I am encountering that a lot on the net. Companies seem to forget that a large number of Americans as well as other countries have dial up.
Lynda
Old 11-06-2011, 03:55 AM

I don't like the fact that if anyone has negative thoughts on the new board, when u click on them, it has been removed. Our group is not mean and there may be comments that could help to enhance this new format.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:01 AM

Is there a setting that will show which topics have been read previously? The old board showed darker titles that faded to lighter print after being read. I liked this because you could see which topics had already been read.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:31 AM

I can't stand that every time I click on a subject, another new window opens!!! Come on.......can we get that fixed???
Old 11-06-2011, 04:35 AM

Too enlarge the print hit control key and the + key it increases the letters bigger.
Too decrease the letters hit control key and then the - key.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:40 AM

Too enlarge the print hit control key and the + key it increases the letters bigger.
Too decrease the letters hit control key and then the - key.