Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-06-2011, 03:41 PM

When I go back to "Unread Topics," it still lists topics i've already read.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:46 PM

I think we all need to chill out and give it a couple of days and everything will be fine.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Elfi2 View Post
Ohhh...and I just see we're getting categorized now...into "junior member, member, super member, etc...." how do we get our titles???
Based on the no. of posts you have posted....
Old 11-06-2011, 03:56 PM

When I click on What's New, it takes me to a page with all categories mixed together. When I click on an item, it turns so dark blue that I can't read it. The only thing that shows is the category, such as Main or Pictures. When I click on that, it goes to a page of Main or Pictures. When I read one of them, it does not turn a different color so I can tell which ones I've read and which ones I have not read. Is there something else I should try? This is sooooo frustrating.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:02 PM

Default Things I don't like about the "New" board

Originally Posted by wendsy View Post
Just 1 thing? I guess my biggest problem is the way the content is set up. I liked the old newsletter that had all the new topics listed for each day with the catagories separating them. I liked knowing when sign-up for the new swaps were, now I can only find ones in progress.
I agree I like the topics listed. Seeing who's on. Can't find things now>
Old 11-06-2011, 04:17 PM

I am surprised people are having so much trouble using the new board. I don't like it, but for the most part, I can find things.

I can't pick just one thing. For me, the TWO main things I dislike are:
a) the ads on the top, bottom and sides, and they MOVE - very distracting and annoying
b) the pages are just too hard to look at. They're busy. I hate the narrower page width and the aqua lettering and buttons that don't look like buttons, and having to scroll and what really is the difference between a quick post and a regular one? Do we really need both types?
Old 11-06-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by avgquiltr View Post
I can't find Pictures that is arranged by date posted so that I can view the newest pictures of quilts without going through a lot of pictures I've already viewed.
That's the problem with all the catagories...
Old 11-06-2011, 04:41 PM

I can't name ONE thing i like.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:48 PM

Default NJot really new

I had to sign in as a new user to read any of the good stuff. Lost my profile and thought the board had been hacked because it was so different.Don`t remember how many post and pms I had.Start again.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:04 PM

I really haven't figured out much with the "new" board. I will also probably stick around for a bit to see if it improves but I
suspect my participation on this board will not continue. The one specific thing I really do not like all are the rules regarding the "classified section". While I understand that the goal is to provide good values etc to fellow members, I highly resent being told how much my fabric is worth. If I paid $10-12 a yard, I will not sell it for $6. If the price I'm asking is too high, don't buy it or PM me and ask if I'd take a little less. I never saw many complaints about high prices while I did see LOTS of excited and happy people who were able to find that perfect fabric. And if I priced it too high and nobody bought it, I
learned quickly to price yardage lower if I wanted to sell it. I know a lot of people do not agree. This is just my opinion.