Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: NASCAR - season starts

NASCAR - Sprint cup series start 2/06 Daytona Shootout Sat 8 p.m. on Fox. (I'm sure the time is eastern standard)

Let's go racing, boys!!

tie-in to quilting: I will be working on that baby quilt I started last year.... Hopefully I can get one more block done. (handquilting it)

Boogity - boogity - boogity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm ready for the season to start!!!!

Blog Entries
    I am so ready for race season to start. We have tics for las vegas the end of feb. its going to be cold but who cares....Gentlemen start those engines!!!!

Dh and I are so ready for this!! We are planning our own little party tonight!! We are getting some chicken wings from a local joint (Quaker Sreak & Lube) and beer for the dh!! He is a Tony Stewart fan. I have always liked Earnhardt Jr, but he's been driving so pathetically the last few years! At first I thoght it was because of all the issues with DEI, but he is now on a new team with new people and he still stinks. I think he needs to retire and just be an owner. I don't think his heart is in it anymore...not since his dad died. This year, I really like Denny Hamlin and Clint Boyer. We'll see what happens...maybe Jr will surprise me after all!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KGoodhand
    Boogity - boogity - boogity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm ready for the season to start!!!!
    Yippee!

Blog Entries
    "maybe Jr will surprise me after all!!"
    one can only hope...I have had my same thoughts about Jr. his heart just doesn't seem to be in it. I take alot of ribbing from my BF about my loyality to poor Jr.
    So what do you all think of Danika?

Danica will probably do well but I don't know how she will do when she gets in the middle of a large group of cars. She's driving for Jr. so I guess he has faith in her ability.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like they have to change their opening message. With Danika driving, it can't be "Gentlemen start your engines!"

Blog Entries
    opps thank-you for correcting of my spelling. The fact Jr is behind her I just might have to cheer her on. I am all for women doing anything men can do but....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Sounds like they have to change their opening message. With Danika driving, it can't be "Gentlemen start your engines!"
    lol oh to true I haven't even thought of that.

Blog Entries
    Hi,

I am ready for the races to start! We have a big screen tv in the family room and it looks like we are at the races. All next week will be things to watch on the speed channel prior to the Daytona race. Also there is a race tonight.

Karen

I am so looking forward to the start of the season again! Go Kasey Kahne!!

I love Nascar more that my DH and am watching the shoot-out and checking the board at the same time. Yeah for Mark Martin, he's my "Honey!"

GO KEVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My parents just called to ask if I could watch their cats. I ask why?!? They have decided to drive to DAYTONA FOR THE RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have no tickets! They are just going to hope for the best! Oh and they have no hotel or anything either! They are bringing their pillows and blankets for the car in case they don't a hotel!!!!! I am in complete shock! Not only that I am completely jealous!!!

Blog Entries
    Oh my goodness KGoodhand! Are they driving from Canada? They must really love racing!

Hubby and I are going to a NASCAR racing party next Sunday, looking forward to it. :D

Blog Entries
    Well that was a great start to the nascar season, must say my boy Jr disappointed me, looks like he still has the same attitude as last season. I was impressed w/ Danica-I think she did good at maintaining when she started spinning-she still needs to learn but over all she did good, I just might have to keep my eye on her.
    KGoodHand, I am dieing to hear about your parents-please keep us posted-I say good for them, I have seen my fair share of nascar races starting out the same way-someone is always selling tics.
    Love My Nascar and can't wait for Sam's town Race....yoohoo

I thought Danica did well too and I was glad she did. There were 6 women in that race. So they said drivers start your engines! Glad to see Kevin won the race too. Can't wait for the race Sunday and can't believe it's been 9 years since we lost Dale Sr.

Blog Entries
    I have a whole scrap book just on dale sr pics. Oh i am so glad its race season-can't think of a better way to spend my sundays..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Hubby and I had a great time at a NASCAR party yesterday. There must have been 10 couples there. It was so nice to see friends we haven't seen in a while. Hopefully everyone else had a great NASCAR start day!

Blog Entries
    Daytona...boy what a loooong race...lol but it was all worth while when my boy took 2nd place. its alittle like watching dale sr for a minute....Come on Jr.!!!!!
    The power went out the last 42 laps [still don't know the reason] we hopped in the truck and ran to my daughters house real quick...he he

Quilter7x so glad you had such a good time and isn't it always fun to see old friends.

I was so hoping they would have ended the race one caution flag earlier! Then my Kevin would have won!! I don't know what happened to him at that last green flag!
    Oh well, Jamie is not a bad guy to see win!
    Oh and my parents did end up getting a hotel, not too close by but oh well, and tickets to the race! I have not talked to them myself, they called while I was at work. But heh, they got there! Better then me! Oh well next year hubby and I are already talking about going to the Charlotte race in October! This October is already busy - taking the girls to Disney.

Blog Entries
    he he yes I have friends that are Harvick fans they agree w/ you....glad your parents made it safe & sounds...those wild and crazy parents, what are ya gonna do...lol

Blog Entries
    Thanks CraftiLady. A bunch of us used to go to the local stock car track together all the time, but people's lives have taken different paths and we haven't seen each other all together in a long time.

It sure was a long race, but that gave us more of a chance to visit. :D