Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nasty weather coming- what are you doing tomorrow?

we have snow/ice/freezing rain right now...cleaning, working on civil war quilt, and of course computer! :wink:

unfortunately i have to go to work, bummer nice day to stay in jammies and sew

We are supposed to get freezing drizzle, and then tomorrow (Wed) 3-6" of snow...and it will be heading east... Yesterday it was in the 60's in the south western part of NE, and in the mid 30's here in the middle.

I am going to try and finsih up piecing two quilts, then post to show you all!

Blog Entries
    Oh, it's really nasty right now. Looks like it is raining on top of the snow we got in the night. I took the dogs out at 7:30 and was really worried about Gus slipping and injuring his "bionic" knee. My thermometer say 30 degrees. Heidi was taking these really long strides and sinking into the mess. She looked like a stilt walker. Me, I was just trying to keep my feet under me. Now I need to go out to the mailbox and mail something. Guess I should get dressed and get something done besides sitting here :roll: :lol: :roll:

Blog Entries
    was going to be a quilting day at guild, snow, and more snow and have to travel 18 miles so guess I will stay home, lots to do here too but disappointed....

Blog Entries
    Over 200 schools and businesses closed or delayed today so I think I will stay inside and see how many swap blocks I can get done.

The weather here isn't too bad. We had some rain yesterday and I had dr. appts, did some shopping and was home in time for supper.
    Today it's overcast and raining on and off but not cold. I am working on a quilt for my GS and cleaning the house. :-D

I really feel for ya'll. Hopefully we have had our snow this year. I would go crazy if we had to live with it like you. It is just raining here and will hopefully get rid of the last of the snow. I need some spring;;;;;

DH and I were just at the doctor's today -- both of us are sick with bronchitis -- Doc says he should stay home at LEAST 2 more days! Don't feel real good, but there's nothing like handquilting to keep me content. He's a woodcarver, so we know what HE will be doing! Weather is supposed to turn nasty here in northern Indiana, and we stopped for supplies on our way home. We plan to settle in and enjoy our confinement!

DH and I were just at the doctor's today -- both of us are sick with bronchitis -- Doc says he should stay home at LEAST 2 more days! Don't feel real good, but there's nothing like handquilting to keep me content. He's a woodcarver, so we know what HE will be doing! Weather is supposed to turn nasty here in northern Indiana, and we stopped for supplies on our way home. We plan to settle in and enjoy our confinement!

Keep working on my scrappy blocks!

Tomorrow I will be out in the weather making my way to work and home again. Once I'm home it's supper and get ready for the next day. I will take a cross stitch to work on at lunch. I moved to the south last year after living on the West Coast for many years. This cold wet weather is taking some adjustment.

we are getting the beginning of it now so i am going to spend my day in my sewing room !!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baysidegal
    Not sure whether we are getting rain or snow tomorrow. I will be in all day sewing, then going out to Mom's to bring her dinner after she gets home from daycare...Hope it isn't too bad then.
    Hope you got to take your Mom her dinner today. This weather is so nasty to drive in. Please stay safe. My brother and SIL live in Rhode Island and he told me today it was awful but SIL went to work anyway. I'm sure it will be frozen by now. Hope she got home ok.

Blog Entries
    We did get freezing rain yesterday. The roads aren't bad now. We will be going out to eat tomarrow for our 36th wedding anniversary and my mom's birthday. It is supposed to be only cloudy tomarrow. Sure hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    I was going to go buy some reading books, but looks like I will be staying home. So I am going to quilt quilt quilt! Got part of my fabric that I was running out of, ordered the other on the internet, still need the thread. So I will start something new; maybe a quilt for kids. What will you do???

will be enjoying 74 degree temps with the doors open heating the house via Mother Nature's lovely winter weather in AZ.

No more cold and snow for me.
    Andie :-D

Blog Entries
    No bad weather here, just gray skies and dreary.

I will be quilting unless my aunt gets worse or dies soon. I cut out a top today and pieced 5 blocks of it.

-31 below with wind chill..........I am inside and staying there! Hubby does all my errands for me (as he is he already out and about for company work)...how much nicer can that be :) Everyone stay safe & warm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2