Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
NCIS final episode of season.. >

NCIS final episode of season..

NCIS final episode of season..

Old 05-10-2018, 11:30 AM
Power Poster

just read something on Harmon's sister, Kristin. I forgot she was his sister. married Ricky Nelson of Ozzie and Harriet Nelson long ago. She was such a sweet thing. passed in April.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:39 AM

I don't think NCIS would have dared to kill off another female co-star, as they did with Kate and Zeva. Still I hate to see yet another female co-star leave the show. The interaction between Gibbs and Abbey was always wonderful and seemed heart filled in many ways. No one will be able to take Abbey's place in the show and in our hearts....it simply can't be done.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:47 AM

Anyone know why Abby (Pauley Perette) left the show? Was she fired or did she quit? I read on Facebook that she was fired because she was looking too young due to using some face cream and they didn't like that. The article sounded more like an advertisement for the face cream than about Abby so I really don't believe that story.

Last edited by janjanq; 05-11-2018 at 04:55 AM.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by janjanq View Post
Anyone know why Abby (Pauley Perette) left the show? Was she fired or did she quit? I read on Facebook that she was fired because she was looking too young due to using some face cream and they didn't like that. The article sounded more like an advertisement for the face cream than about Abby so I really don't believe that story.
i remember reading something about the face cream issue - her not aging enough. I think she will be another spokesperson for this "magic" cream...as will be vana white of wheel of fortune- she's leaving for the same reason..face cream !
Old 05-11-2018, 06:16 AM

The face cream ad is fake. Pauley was interviewed on ET & she stated she knew nothing about this cream & it was fake. She wasn't happy they used her. There have been several female actors targeted saying they left shows for this face cream.

Pauley decided she wanted a break from acting & will concentrate on her charities, which she has many. She said she doesn't want to marry again, or have a boyfriend. She loves to just hang out with her 4 rescue dogs & go to church.

CBS interview of Pauley Perette:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pauley-...cis-last-show/

FYI: Pauley is a natural blonde. In the link above there is a Sprint commercial she did where she had her natural blond hair color. Note the black eyebrows. She's been dying her hair black for many years & actually got a nasty rash from it & ended up in the ER a few times.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:47 AM
Power Poster

ah, blond. i saw pics of her with black hair and eyebrows. so that was it. still, would like her eyebrows lighter. i just tried to find soft blonde color for myself and am having a hard time. all black or dark brown.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:34 PM
mac

I am going to miss Abbey and I also wonder how NCIS is going to survive without this main character. They had an Abby fill-in person a couple of episodes ago and I wonder if they will use her to fill in Abbey's shoes.

I really liked Reeves and was really sorry to see him killed off.
I thought he added to the show.

The character that I wish they would get rid of is Torres. His character is way too narcissistic, at times, grossly unprofessional and he whines all of the time. To me, he doesn't fit in the show as professional crime fighter. He is so into himself that he all he can do is talk about himself, his muscles and how tight his T-shirts are. It seemed that they are trying to get a romance going with him and Bishop. With Bishop's husband infidelity, I think that the last person she should get romantic about is a narcissist. However, I did think that Torres' personality did improve when he was with the blind girl (sorry, I don't remember her character's name) on the last episode.

Of course, this is all my person opinion.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:28 PM

I don't see much difference in the Torres character and the "very special agent" Denozo character. I don't think either one were/are narcissists. I think they both care more about their friends than they feel comfortable showing. Bishop isn't my favorite, and I hope they don't "go there" w/ a romance between Torres and Bishop or any other two, they have done more then enough "romance" between the characters for my taste.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:46 PM

I too miss Longmire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, the seasons of Longmire are available on Netflix. When the show was cancelled on "TV", Netflix picked up the series and finished it (last 2 seasons, I think). There's a new series that was recommended for Longmire fans starting on the Paramount network (used to be Spike TV carried by most cable companies). It's called Yellowstone - I think it comes out late June.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-15-2018 at 01:08 PM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 05-15-2018, 07:02 AM

Looking forward to tonight's episode.
Someone said that Pauley Perrette is tweeting some cryptic comments about abuse and saying, for some reason, that she can't come out and say exactly what she wants to say. I haven't read the comments so not sure what was tweeted.