Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
need creative ideas... for small gifts >

need creative ideas... for small gifts

need creative ideas... for small gifts

Old 03-11-2014, 08:05 AM

Default need creative ideas... for small gifts

you guys seem to be the right group to ask

first a little background:
i will be relocating to the other side of the country, this summer. in my current home, i belong to a knitting/crocheting group that meets weekly. now, 99% of the people in the group do more than just knit and crochet. one of the ladies in the group got me started on quilting.

i really do view these women as friends. we have gone through some stuff together and i cherish how they have made my life better.

i'd love to give each lady a token of my appreciation, but i just don't know what. i've racked my brain and i can't come up with anything that i can make about 20 of. also, there are a handful of these ladies who i have become closer to. i'd like to make them something a little more special.

help!
if you were to receive a token gift from another crafter (i knit, crochet, paint, sew), what would you like to receive?

thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:17 AM

I really like the small tissue holders & cloth baskets. Also the so called "Ten Minute Table Runner".
All of these are quick & very nice gifts, in my opinion.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:21 AM

I like the cloth baskets and tissue holders - table runners are nice but may take a lot more time.

Even a little bag to hold the tools for knitting/crocheting would be nice. I love angeles, so a little angel ornament would be nice too.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:56 AM

What about a handmade Christmas ornament? If you are on Pinterest (or even just Google handmade Christmas ornaments) you will find a million of them.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:59 AM

How about some fabric boxes filled with personally appropriate small items? I made some of these for Christmas gifts this year and put jar candles in them. They make up quite quickly and you can make the size pretty much whatever you like. For your knitting/crochet group, maybe some stitch/row markers and the like. Can't imagine any of that group can't need more of those! Or a nice skein of yarn? And BTW, can you teach me to knit on dp needles before you go? So I don't keep dropping needles???
Old 03-11-2014, 10:31 AM

i've thought of stitch markers, but every time i try to make them, they look real bad lol

i'm starting to like some of these ideas!

keep 'em comin'!!
Old 03-11-2014, 11:12 AM
cjr

how about door draft dodgers? --- long thin tubes filled with kitty litter to put at bottom of door to keep wind from coming in
Old 03-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Power Poster

There is a magazine I saw at the grocery store this week that has a lot of patterns in it -- everything from a jewelry case to a casserole holder, etc. Can't remember the name, unfortunately. The jewelry bag was similar to this one:
http://artgalleryfabrics.typepad.com...s-couture.html

Many of the patterns are probably available free on the net, but I thought it was nice to have all the patterns in one place in a magazine. Kind of wish I had purchased it now; maybe the next trip into town!
Old 03-11-2014, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

do you have an emb machine?? they have cute 3" mirror covers to make from lace or with other fabrics.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:31 PM

what about hand made notecards? there were some awesome ones posted here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...d-t242597.html personalized notes may save you some issues in the long run--