Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need an idea, help please

Blog Entries

Need an idea, help please

I have a one year old cousin. i make her things, but for a one year old, i need an idea for Valentines day. I've already made her a heart shaped pillow with her name, and lots of lace. I feel i've made her everything a one year old can use. can yu help me please. She lives in NJ.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Maybe one of those books made from a printed panel? Or a stuffed doll - I found a cute panel recently that makes princess dolls.

Blog Entries
    I made her 4 books for her moms shower. Like i said, i made her a lot of things. 2 quilts, one for her to use, and one for her mom to put away. i also made a crocheted afghan. For her birthday this year in Dec., I'm making her a cute rag doll, (a baby doll), with cloths.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

doll crib and a quilt to go with it?
    A husband is the perfect confidant to tell your secrets to - he can't reveal them to anyone else because he wasn't really listening when you told him!

I made my niece a small 24"x24" I Spy quilt with matching beanbags. At first she just threw the bags, but later learned how to match them by laying them down. Now at 4 she likes to try to throw them and match them.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

How about a book keeper? Kinda like an over-the-door organizer thingy with pockets, but it drapes over the edge of each side of the bed and has pockets for bedtime books.

How about a small apron?
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
    doll crib and a quilt to go with it?
    ..... along with the dolly!

Future gifts .... more doll quilts, and a wardrobe for the Little Dolly.
    Even matching ensembles for the little girl and her dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
    How about a small apron?

.......... and chef's hat!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

DJ
    Todders like to carry things around. Have you made her a bag? Other ideas: a twirley skirt or ruffle skirt (depending on how well she's walking); flannel board (you could make a felt tree with hearts to decorate it, then add to it at different times of the year); buy a plain shirt and applique something onto the front; hair clips; apron; art smock; hooded towel or just personalized towel; crochet hat and/or sweater; crayon roll - http://two-little-monkies.blogspot.c...yon-caddy.html

Blog Entries
    likie I said, i'm making her a doll for her birthday in December.

maybe i'll try an I spy. she's still too young for that. maybe about 2-3 for an I spy.
    She's just starting to walk, so an apron won't be wearing one till she's about 2.

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    what about the bag that goes behind the car seat for her books and toys to stash when it the car? I made several for g-boys using some fun fabrics on the back and trim with clear plastic for the front so they could see what was in it--and then a webbing with plastic snap clip to hang around the seat headrest.

Blog Entries
    that's a good idea. i'll need to look for a pattern for that one.

Blog Entries
    How about a placemat? My 9 year old granddaughter made them for her cousins for Christmas - they were very well received! She stitched around the edges, I burped them and pressed and stitched the opening shut and then she stitched willy nilly to quilt it! She has never sewn before so as she chose prints specific to each cousin - she also chose how to do her random quilting - willy nilly!!

A tutu skirt made out of tulle?

Make her an activity mat for Tummy time. Have fun adding some flaps and doodads to enjoy from her little world on the floor.
    "The great doing of little things makes the great life." Eugena Price

Blog Entries
    Book pillow? Apron like mommy's?
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

How about a pretty toddler sized bib. Most bibs are too small to protect the clothes of a year old baby who is learning to feed herself.

Maybe a quiet book that she can take to church or appointments, doll quilt or doll carrier/backpack.

A little red dress! Maybe with some leggings to match, since it's still cold in February....
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson