Negative reaction to beef?

Old 02-25-2011, 09:54 AM

decky, try giving up wheat, barley and rye for three weeks. Oats may be a source of gluten, too. After three weeks eat a yummy sandwich and see how you feel. Yours sounds more like Celiac Disease or gluten intolance than a meat allergy.

The only reliable test is a colon biopsy, but this will give you an idea if gluten is a factor. I don't want to give medical advice, but I have been there, done that and know how much better I feel without gluten.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:45 AM

I will try that. I just ate a pancake puff which is made from white flour and I'm starting to feel icky.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:50 AM

Cattle/cows are by nature grazers, or grass feeders. When you feed animals food sources that are not natural to them it causes problems for them as well as those who eat their meat. Cows are not meant to eat the type of foods that they are given commercially. Corn and soybean feeds are by-products of the foods that are processed for human consumption. There has been a lot of press concerning these foods too (high fructose corn syrup, soy plant estrogens, genetically engineered foods, growth hormones, antibiotics), and the problems they can cause. It is up to us to be smart consumers, and to swing the pendulum away from industries that are trying to make an easy buck off of our, and our childrens declining health.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:31 AM

Check out the essays at this web site for a real eye opener about the difference between ordinary, commercial beef and grass-fed beef www.texasgrassfedbeef.com
Old 02-25-2011, 01:53 PM

I can not eat beef late it does not digest well or maybe like I used to be able to digest it. If I eat it late I do not sleep well at all.

No other sides affects from it for me that I notice. Actually I eat lots of chicken and ground turkey anymore. I just thought of that, lol.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:56 PM

We only buy hormone-and antibiotic-free beef and chicken, and eggs. And we try to only buy organic and non-GMO veggies, which is easier than it used to be because of farmer's markets. There is way too much "stuff" being put in and on our foods!
Old 02-25-2011, 02:26 PM

We have to be our own health advocates and stay informed. The realization that our sick and overweight population has to do with environment and bad food consumption is already on the forefront. We are paying for the cost of high health insurance, and our taxes are paying for those who can't afford care. We pay for it one way or another. I'd rather pay farmers to grow healthy food than to pay pharmaceuticles for meds.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:50 PM

Over the past 15 years or so I've become very allergic to many things. Therefore, I try to eat only what I call 'pure food' - nothing, ever, out of a box unless it's oatmeal, barley, etc. Absolutely no MSG, sulphites (some medicines, anesthesias, wines, mustards, some vinegars), not much bread, no shell fish, no pizza (cheese/salt) nothing from a salad bar in a restaurant. I mistakenly ordered a bagel sandwich a couple of weeks ago while we were out, thinking it was OK....asparagus, egg white, mushrooms.......for hours I couldn't get the words out, foggy, couldn't concentrate, etc. "something" was in it. I feel for any young person who must be careful of what they eat - it is a full time job. Don't eat beef but once or twice a year. It is what it is....... Read the labels - if you can't pronounce it, don't eat it!!
Old 02-25-2011, 05:33 PM

its not just the hormones..They also use antibiotics...
Old 02-25-2011, 08:00 PM

Many years ago I told my Hubby that with the hormones they feed our meat animals to get them ready for butchering at a young age would cause children to mature at an early age. Did you notice that kids are going through puberty at a much younger age now?? They are suppose to stop feeding drugs to animals two weeks before slaughter by many drugs are still in the blood stream for months!! While chickens at six weeks or so are sent to the meat factories my chickens are still PEEPS for months!!!