Netflix...do you use it?

Old 01-31-2011, 07:26 AM

I heard the closer is doing one more season then is ending.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:28 AM

We have had Netflix for years, also. We think it is great. I didn't realize how many older movies I had never seen, plus all the new ones. We get a new movie in one day-sure beats going to the movie store and paying so much more. Great price and great convenience. :thumbup:
Old 01-31-2011, 07:33 AM

Love, love netflix
Old 01-31-2011, 10:20 AM

I gave a Wii to my husband for Christmas just for this reason.
We now download movies almost every night...sometimes we still order the dvd's and blu ray movies, but the Wii works great.
The quality of the movies are great... You don't have to pay separately for the online, that service comes with your monthly payment to Netflicks. I am excited to see that Netflicks turned out to be so successful. My TCU MBA class worked on the viability of the business plan for Netflicks years ago....of course, they did not give us the name of the company.
D in Tx
Old 01-31-2011, 10:26 AM

I would like to get basic cable, but the lady said that was about 10 or 20 dollars less. Yes if I took all my cable out keep road runner, would be very cheap, did you know you can get those channels, like ifetime, amc,tlc and cbs,nbc,abc, history channel,discovery channel, and oh yes you can find the food network too!and many others online? and watch your shows there? I really don't know about the sports channel. but I have recently discovered this.
as for Netflix, its really good, but sometime you can get a movie for a $1.00 at redbox . and save the 10.00. oh yes I like netflix, and I love watching the British shows like Midsomers murders, a touch of frost, and some of the others, which I have not been able to find online! the problem with netflix is it does tend to stop in the middle of a show, and that may be cause of my old computer. here is another for you all to check out. Hulu.com, Veogo.com. can get some good movies there, some old shows too.... just a thought.

and yes I am soooo tempted to get back on Netflix and cancel cable. I don't think I would miss anything, oh like my son said, only miss the commercials! why don't you try it out for a month, you won't know till you try. and would be so much cheaper. something else to run by you, you can watch all kinds of movies as many as you want, its the I think the $10.00 one plus a movie a week! so that isn't too bad, but what to do if you cancel the cable, not able to watch CD, I don't have Wii or blueray, could get the antenna and box I guess..
Old 01-31-2011, 10:26 AM

We use Netflix and love it. They send you the movies, you watch them then send them back postage paid in the envelope provided.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:32 AM

ontheriver, I sure hope not! ti is a good show!!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:49 AM

We cut off our cable and got the netflix. We are loving it. Best decision yet. Cable is so expensive.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:05 AM

Yes, I subscribe to Netflix and I love it. I am on the lower plan where you get one sent to you at a time, but that's okay cause I don't have time to watch more than one at a time anyway. And, if I want to, I can watch on my computer those movies that are instant to watch. I like it a lot!
Old 01-31-2011, 11:20 AM

We've had Netflix for years. We switched from the three a week, mailed to our home DVD's to the download instantly. The only thing I'm not crazy about is that some are older movies but you can still get one in the mail for the price and download as many as you want so we get one DVD and download when we have time. Well worth the $9 per month.