Netflix movies

Old 02-27-2017, 01:57 PM

Default Netflix movies

Ok..had Netflix for free month, watched Longmire, now reign, decided to keep it......but now I wanted to watch a movie-Sunday, because oscars just not my thing and all else was repeats. So went movies..I know I saw it listed last month - girl on the train - but now GONE!!!! Went to the help center via my iPad...that was no help...nothing applied to my question....and some things I just did not understand! So I am asking here, my buddies who have this service....how does one really search the Netflix site thoroughly...I could only see maybe a dozen movies! Electronic life is getting way to complicated...maybe I should just order the book from my library!
Old 02-27-2017, 02:41 PM
Power Poster

will ask my son. i want to see that movie too!
Old 02-27-2017, 08:02 PM
Power Poster

well he said The Girl on a Train is too new and netflix can't offer it yet. maybe you saw some movies that were to be offered soon. sorry.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:03 AM

Netflix only streams certain movies. Mostly older movies. I did see "Finding Dory" recently which was a surprise. I did a search for "The Girl On The Train" and it said it was not available for streaming, but it is available in DVD format. You pay an additional fee to rent DVDs from Netflix, they come in the mail and you mail them back when you are finished.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:28 AM

You just have to take the time to go through the offerings. The girl on the train is much too new to be on Netflix. You won't see it for at least a year. Look at a particular genre that you like, such as tv shows. Don't bother with anything less than three stars. Start adding to your list. If you see something you have already seen, give it a rating. Both actions will help the system make recommendations to you. Enjoy. I have had Netflix for years and love it.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:39 AM

what is your Netflix on? I have Netflix on my firestick along with hulu and an app called Kodi. Kodi has everything on it. I started to watch girl on a train but couldn't get into it.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:40 AM

if you want to search Netflix, after you long in hit up and you'll see the search (magnifying glass) and just search for whatever you want
Old 02-28-2017, 05:31 AM

I've used Netflix for many years and like the way it ran in the past much more then now. They used to list the newest movies in one area and I thought they came out earlier then they do now.
That said, it's a great thing to have on a cold, snowy winter's night. I also subscribe to Acorn, $5 extra per month, but they have some wonderful offerings on that channel. It's all from Great Britain and I think they have fantastic choices on that network.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by sept97 View Post
what is your Netflix on? I have Netflix on my firestick along with hulu and an app called Kodi. Kodi has everything on it. I started to watch girl on a train but couldn't get into it.
Netflix is on my tv...if it's on other devices, I don't know.......fire Stick?,hulu?,kodi?---foreign language to me.....
Old 02-28-2017, 05:48 AM

Well that is disappointing that a movie had to be at least a year old to be on Netflix....in a year's time, I would forget the ones I wanted to see. I best go to my local redbox and rent it.......I am not into old movies and old series...so I may have to rethink continuing the service