Netflix question...

Old 01-25-2016, 08:30 AM

We use Roku and Netflix all the time. It can be intimidating at first with so many selections. What got us really started is that we spent 5 months without cable and all we had was the Roku. If we wanted to watch TV that was it. I absolutely love the British shows, especially the mystery ones. They are so well done. If you like that try Foyle's War, Murder in Paradise, Last Tango in Halifax, Call the Midwife, to name a few.

You can search by genre and once it figures out what you like to watch it will make suggestions for you as well. We rarely watch network TV anymore.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:25 AM

I haven't found any quilting shows on Netflix either. We also ditched our satellite tv about 6 months ago and am finding I go to the "antenna" tv just to catch the news or watch PBS. At the moment I'm binge watching Bomb Girls which I love. Impatiently awaiting the new season of The 100, Survivors (British SciFi), Call the Midwife, Last Tango in Halifax, Bloodline, Madam Secretary, Longmire, Orange is the New Black, Great British Baking Show and Strange Empire. I told DH recently that I now understand why he likes watching tv. I've always listened to music or just enjoyed the quiet but since we got Netflix I find shows I enjoy and can watch when I need a break.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:58 AM
Power Poster

I have Roku and watch youtube quilt videos on tv. I guess most streaming players would have you tube channel. Netflix is one channel. There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of channels to choose from, some paid some free. You need a streaming device to choose what channel you want to watch.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
I searched Netflix and didn't see any quilting or sewing shows. If you have a Smart TV or something like Roku that will allow you to pull up YouTube on your TV, you will find lots of quilting videos.
If you can get your hands on an older wii video game system, (try pawn shops for a great deal) you can get YouTube on your TV and they have thousands of quilting and sewing videos. If you can get Netflix, you can get YouTube on a wii for free.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:48 AM

I've had Netflix for a long time and I've never seen any quilting shows on the service. I don't think there is a big enough audience among Netflix users for the service to even consider offering them.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by carolaiken View Post
I haven't found any quilting shows on Netflix either. We also ditched our satellite tv about 6 months ago and am finding I go to the "antenna" tv just to catch the news or watch PBS. At the moment I'm binge watching Bomb Girls which I love. Impatiently awaiting the new season of The 100, Survivors (British SciFi), Call the Midwife, Last Tango in Halifax, Bloodline, Madam Secretary, Longmire, Orange is the New Black, Great British Baking Show and Strange Empire. I told DH recently that I now understand why he likes watching tv. I've always listened to music or just enjoyed the quiet but since we got Netflix I find shows I enjoy and can watch when I need a break.
If you like British tv, check out acorn.tv. It's nothing but British shows. Cost is 5.00/month or 50/year.