New baby

Old 02-19-2012, 12:10 PM

my two youngest bought me a toy poodle/chihuahua mix from the rescue shelter three year ago. She was 8 weeks old when I got her . Kids put her in a red foil gift bag and handed her to me saying I had to open the gift early as it wouldnt keep til Xmas three weeks later. one look and I was hooked. the Rescue center was calling her Bonnie but I named her Poo-Chie ( play on her family heritage). I wouldnt trade her for anything---she sleeps on my bed on top of my blanket ---at least til she gets cold,then its under the covers for the rest of the night. She is so protective and will take on every opponent regardless of their size. She tries to make mincemeat from my son's white German Shepherd that will be two in June. When they get to wrestling, it sounds like they are tearing each other but not a tooth mark or scratch on them. It's just playtime--they have their own rules and we humans need not interfere.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:34 PM

Omg!!!! She is adorable
Old 02-19-2012, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rose_P View Post
Adorable! But perhaps the kitty in your avatar will be less than delighted?
Well, the kitty in my avatar --- Yes, I'm sure he wouldn't be exactly happy with a puppy around if he still lived with me. He's still well and doing fine at my husband's house....I moved out in June last year and thought it would be best to leave him with his companion female kitty. And since I have COPD the fur really gets to me. Yorkies aren't supposed to shed and I sure hope that's true! I'm so excited about getting her I can hardly stand it.