A new Christmas memory

Old 12-30-2010, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by DawnMarie
It's amazing the things some people will do. I used to work for a large retailer managing customer service. On Black Friday, one year, we had a huge TV sale. A little old lady came up to the service counter, and said that her son was bringing the TV up and she wanted to pay for it. I told her we should wait to make sure he gets one. She pointed to a gentleman walking towards the registers and said, "That's my son." So, I motioned for him to come over to me. I rang up the sale, the lady paid, and we had someone take the TV out to her car.
The man asked, "Where are they going with my TV?"
I told him that his mom had paid for it, and they were helping her out to the car with it.
He said, "I've never seen that woman in my life!"
Luckily, we had one TV left in the backroom. I can't imagine how mad he would have been if we didn't have that last one!
I guess that's one way of getting a tv without fighting the crowd. hehe :mrgreen:
Old 12-31-2010, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
It's just another reason I love this board! Any time the way some people act starts getting to me, I just come here to have my faith in people and human nature restored. Sure there are always those out there to take unfair advantage, but then for each of them there are more like the generous, loving, helpful, supportive and giving angels we meet daily here on the quilting board.
Amen to that!
Old 01-02-2011, 05:24 PM

Strange things happening every day now. Our world is not what it use to be.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Crabby Patty
Originally Posted by DawnMarie
It's amazing the things some people will do. I used to work for a large retailer managing customer service. On Black Friday, one year, we had a huge TV sale. A little old lady came up to the service counter, and said that her son was bringing the TV up and she wanted to pay for it. I told her we should wait to make sure he gets one. She pointed to a gentleman walking towards the registers and said, "That's my son." So, I motioned for him to come over to me. I rang up the sale, the lady paid, and we had someone take the TV out to her car.
The man asked, "Where are they going with my TV?"
I told him that his mom had paid for it, and they were helping her out to the car with it.
He said, "I've never seen that woman in my life!"
Luckily, we had one TV left in the backroom. I can't imagine how mad he would have been if we didn't have that last one!
I guess that's one way of getting a tv without fighting the crowd. hehe :mrgreen:
But shame on her! You'd think a little old lady would be more honest...but then, these days, you never know!