new dog

Old 06-14-2012, 01:45 PM

Poor thing. I really would try to work with her if I can but if she starts to bite and hurt then she may have to go. God Bless oyu. I hope it works out for you and her.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:12 PM

I have a darling little rescued doggy, now nearly 12 years old, yes she went through a traumatic childhood and needed a lot of TLC and extra patience and care but was it worth it, you bet. She is the best companion I have ever had and turned out to be wonderful with children of all ages but has a few doggies she just does not like, I don't what it is about them but she just will not tolerate them. Fortunately they are just a couple as in general she is the most wonderful companion and loving doggie but like most animals/people who have been abused just need a bit more care and TLC, do please try a bit longer to give her that as I wouldn't like to think where she will end up if you give up on her
Old 06-14-2012, 08:39 PM

Thank you for all your comments - I have since spoken to the rescue centre, and after taking Lucy up there and trying out a couple of things and because of her history we all realised that Lucy cannot live with another female dog - spayed or not male dogs were fine as she had previously lived with a load of them and was kenneled with them - am very disappointed that I had to let her go as in all other respects she is delightful, great fun, clean, and loved long walks - but I shall continue looking as I have always had at least two dogs in the house - never more than 4 though!!!! ha ha and when Lucy was being nice - usually on our walks Millie seemed to really enjoy her company and playing with her. Fortunately the re-homing centre I use never give up on any dogs - they have a couple there that are totally unsuitable for re-homing but continue to live there and will do so for there life-time but am sure that Lucy will find the right place very soon.