New grandbaby is here!

Old 03-22-2011, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by IT_Nana
Our 8th grandchild and 2nd granddaughter arrived on March 10. Her name is Emery Lyla and she weighed 8 lb. 11 oz. and was 20 1/2" long. She's welcomed by two older brothers who are 8 and 7. She's a sweetie! On the second picture she's on the quilt I made for her.
How cute, doesn't look like Grandma is very happy in that picture especiallly since she "has" to hold the new baby.lol I love the pic. of Emery on her new quilt. Her little hand is up near her ear and it looks as if she is thinking "did I hear something about Granny teaching me how to make one of these when I get older". I love to watch a baby's hands and feet. Congrats to all of the family.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:31 AM

Adorable ... the quilt is too :P
Old 03-23-2011, 05:41 AM
KLO

What a cutie! And the quilt is great too. Looks like it has lots of texture going on (some chenille, maybe?) which a baby will love to fondle as they mature. I am going to keep that in mind for the next baby quilt I am called on to make.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:56 PM

Both are adorable, the Baby the quilt and grandma looks excited, Dottie Bug
Old 03-23-2011, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by KLO
What a cutie! And the quilt is great too. Looks like it has lots of texture going on (some chenille, maybe?) which a baby will love to fondle as they mature. I am going to keep that in mind for the next baby quilt I am called on to make.
Yes, I used chenille and some minky that has a swirly texture along with flannel. I started making the "texture" quilts for my grandbabies about 4 babies ago. My DDIL gave me the idea and they all love them. I want my quilts to be cuddled and used!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by KLO
BTY, I also made some texture accessories to go with the quilt ... pictures are posted at http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-98284-1.htm
Old 03-24-2011, 07:42 AM
KLO

Originally Posted by KLO
BTY, I also made some texture accessories to go with the quilt ... pictures are posted at http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-98284-1.htm
You have really given me some good ideas. I did make a taggy blanket for my grandson with lots of different ribbons going around all four edges. My daughter suggested it for her first born. Wish I had thought to use chenille and other textural fabrics for that blanket itself. And I love the elephant!!! That could really turn out to be a favorite stuff toy for a child. I can just see him or her rubbing their fingers and hands all over it. Nice work! Even though I think our family is done with grandbabies, I just found out that two women that I like very much are expecting so I think your quilt has inspired me to do something different this time.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:12 PM

OH MY GOSH...HOW CUTE..CONGRATS
Old 03-24-2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by KLO
Originally Posted by KLO
You have really given me some good ideas. I did make a taggy blanket for my grandson with lots of different ribbons going around all four edges. My daughter suggested it for her first born. Wish I had thought to use chenille and other textural fabrics for that blanket itself. And I love the elephant!!! That could really turn out to be a favorite stuff toy for a child. I can just see him or her rubbing their fingers and hands all over it. Nice work! Even though I think our family is done with grandbabies, I just found out that two women that I like very much are expecting so I think your quilt has inspired me to do something different this time.
Glad I could help. :-) I always enjoy making baby things.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:14 PM

What a cutie! Congrats to you and the proud parents!