Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
new laptop ~  new to windows 7 >

new laptop ~ new to windows 7

new laptop ~ new to windows 7

Old 07-27-2011, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Julia
I have Windows 7 and made a picture CD for my daughter and she cannot open it on XP. Something to do with 64 bit versus 32 bit. However you can open an XP CD on Windows 7.
Any solutions for the future..........
What ever program you used should have a "compatability" option when you save the files. A bit like you can save a word 2007 normal file (.docx) as a windows 95 compatible file (.doc) The CD probably wont work becasue ypu saved it all in the 64-bit format but have a rummage in help sections for compatable formats.

Best Becks
Who has got used to Windows seven... but still hates it when it saves auto saves something and I have no idea where it's put it!
Old 07-27-2011, 01:16 PM

I'm smiling as I read about the move to Windows 7. I was forced at work and on my new laptop. I always say it is a Love/Hate relationship. My biggest hint to you, if you can't find it anywhere, do a right click. Windows 7 seems to hide a lot of the functions in the right click.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:30 PM

Next time I will check that out. Thanks.
I solved her problem by telling her she could look at them on my computer, take them and have them developed or buy her a new computer with Win 7. Some times I get cranky in my old age. Her choice. LOL
Old 07-27-2011, 01:32 PM

I LOVE Windows 7! I wasn't that crazy about XP.... I hope civilization doesn't end.... I won't know how to do anything!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
There is a learning curve.

What I find difficult is that I now have Windows 7 at home and use Windows2000 and XP at work.

Talk about being confused :(
Your confused!! I have Windows 7 on my laptop, Vista on my desktop and XP on my computer at work. There are things I like about each one. Just when you get used to one system they come up with another one.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by watterstide
Originally Posted by quiltinghere
There is a learning curve.

What I find difficult is that I now have Windows 7 at home and use Windows2000 and XP at work.

Talk about being confused :(
i will bet you are! i loved XP..but when i went from win 95 then win 98 then XP..i hated each move!
i had been having problems with my old laptop for months..the "A" and "S" were hardly working...then my furbaby spilled a pepsi on the key board..SIL has it, and trying to get the hard drive back so i can transfer info to my new laptop. i sure hope he can..all my favorites are gone, patterns..address' etc. bummer.
Ok, that does it. Starting tomorrow..putting all the files over on to flash drives, just in case. Hope you get those files back.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:16 AM

"Ok, that does it. Starting tomorrow..putting all the files over on to flash drives, just in case. Hope you get those files back."

PLEASE DO!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:40 AM

I tried google chrome. Yes, it is faster, but I was on QB, clinked on a link and was not able to come back to the QB. Had to sign off and then sign back on. This morning google chrome refused to acknowledge my signin. It was so easy to delete.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:30 AM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Originally Posted by sylviasmom
I tried google chrome. Yes, it is faster, but I was on QB, clinked on a link and was not able to come back to the QB. Had to sign off and then sign back on. This morning google chrome refused to acknowledge my signin. It was so easy to delete.
Chrome is soooo easy...uses tabs...
Old 07-28-2011, 12:14 PM

anyone running gmail with win 7? what happened to picking a font,font size,bold and colors in our emails? my options are not not showing.