New meds -- feel great!

Old 12-22-2010, 05:38 PM

Wow I took that once and I had terrible brain fog.. It is generic for neurotin. Used alot of times for nerve pain. Anyways glad you are feeling better..
Old 12-22-2010, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Originally Posted by redvette54
Just was wondering, what's the name of the meds? I think I have that sometimes, okay, alot, LOL
The med is Gabapentin.
That's what I'm taking for my fibrmyalgia! All of my docs told me it would help my blood pressure and my fibro! It's wonderful!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:57 PM

Yes, doc said it's for fibro/CF and Epstein Barr stuff (like mono)....so why the heck didn't he give this to me a month ago????????????????
Old 12-22-2010, 06:02 PM

I just have to share. Some of you may remember that I was diagnosed with mono..........did you know that mono will cause pain if you over-do????? Well, I tend to over-do.. I try to not, but it's a lost cause. Doctor put me on a new medicine. I can't tell you the difference. I feel so GOOD!!! And my stamina is back!!!! I can do more than 15 minutes sewing at a time and darn it, I just feel GOOD! So, I decided to look up the meds to see if it's really just an anti-depressant (yeah, I was depressed). It's not but it says it's used for "decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain"............................now.....how do I take that??? ROL!!! I told DH what it said -- I won't tell you what he said.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
LOL...DEE
Let Hubby see this one...............................
http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=yh...entin+for+dogs
Old 12-22-2010, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
I just have to share. Some of you may remember that I was diagnosed with mono..........did you know that mono will cause pain if you over-do????? Well, I tend to over-do.. I try to not, but it's a lost cause. Doctor put me on a new medicine. I can't tell you the difference. I feel so GOOD!!! And my stamina is back!!!! I can do more than 15 minutes sewing at a time and darn it, I just feel GOOD! So, I decided to look up the meds to see if it's really just an anti-depressant (yeah, I was depressed). It's not but it says it's used for "decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain"............................now.....how do I take that??? ROL!!! I told DH what it said -- I won't tell you what he said.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
LOL...DEE
All I got was the search page...but saw that bit about VETs -- dogs!!!!! NO, I won't show that to him!!!!!!!!!!! He'll start calling me an old dog......... ;)
Old 12-22-2010, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
LOL...DEE
All I got was the search page...but saw that bit about VETs -- dogs!!!!! NO, I won't show that to him!!!!!!!!!!! He'll start calling me an old dog......... ;)

NO, I won't show that to him!!!!!!!!!!! He'll start calling me an old dog.........
nope we don't want him doing that...lol
Old 12-22-2010, 06:54 PM

Great that you feel better.

Medications can be tricky. They may be approved to treat certain condition, but during the years of development be noticed to improve something else as well and the physician has the liberty to treat you as he sees fit. While working in the pharmaceutical industry I knew of one compound that was developed for the treatment of depression and be found along the way to be excellent for the treatment of psoriasis, improving the life of thousands of patients.

Gabapentin is one of those miracle drugs that can help in many problems. Real antidepressants take a real long time to help.

I am very curious as of what your DH said.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Maride
Great that you feel better.

Gabapentin is one of those miracle drugs that can help in many problems. Real antidepressants take a real long time to help.

I am very curious as of what your DH said.
Thank you! And I'd tell you but the moderators would kick me off.....LOL LOL
Old 01-02-2011, 10:36 AM

I have Chronic Fatigue/Epstein Barr. I have had mono quite a few times in the past and the Dr. said it usually leads to the other. For the most part I feel pretty good but sometimes the CF really kicks in and the best thing for me to do is just go with it and rest. Several years ago I was on an experimental drug for a year with Smith/Klein Beecham pharmaceutical and it was fantastic. I was taking the real thing, not the placebo. But at the end of the year I was selected to proceed to the next step which was increasing the drug to twice what I was taking daily. It upset my stomach so bad that I just quit. Plus I was on vacation at the time. I heard later that the drug is used in Europe for Alzheimer patients :lol: :lol: :lol: I can't remember the name of the drug. One thing that seems to really help with CF/EB (at least for me) is mega doses of B12.

So glad you're feeling better. It makes such a difference. Hope you had a great holiday.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:41 AM

lol long as it works