Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
new washing machine and dryer >

new washing machine and dryer

new washing machine and dryer

Old 09-18-2021, 10:52 PM

I was talking with my Sewing Machine repairman last year about this time when a friend of mine was looking for a basic machine for her niece up in Vancouver WA and he had nothing. They were having trouble getting parts then so he used many of the older trade-ins that he repaired and sold as loaners. But people started buying those too. When I went in a couple months ago I noticed there weren't any used machines on display. He said he still can't keep them in the shop, same with vacuums. I want to upgrade my embroidery/sewing machine but think I'll wait and see how how this all pans out.
Old 09-19-2021, 04:22 PM

We've gotten used to having pretty much anything we want almost immediately - if not instantly. Not necessarily a good thing.

I hadn't even thought about warranties in all of this. If something is under warranty and breaks, so goes in for repair but can't be repaired for months, I'd want that warranty extended!
Old 09-21-2021, 07:03 AM
Power Poster

Here is one thing I do for my washer that is filled by weight of the clothes. I made a pouch of silicone beads. It adds weight and not bulk and my machine fills more to my liking.
Old 09-22-2021, 05:57 AM

YaHHH!!! Washing machine and dryer are in town and will be delivered next Tuesday Tee Hee...after reading all the comments on this board about the newer washing machines I am a bit anxious to see what I actually bought. I only asked very basic questions...don't know if the machine fills "by weight", don't know if I can set the water level, don't know much of anything....just was happy I found a top loading washing machine....will be a surprise...hope not too much of one.