News from Craftybear

Old 07-11-2010, 05:04 AM

Hi all, I heard from Craftybear. Her husband's surgery went well but it's been a struggle. She has been spending a lot of time at the hospital with him. When he does finally get to come home (and she didn't mention a time frame) the doctors are saying that he will have a pic line. That's a line that goes in, goes through the arteries and dumps medicine right above the heart. (or at least that's how my husband's worked). I can tell you from experience that it's no fun. I had to get up every 3 hours, 24 hrs a day and mix antibiotics and hook them up to his pic IV. So if her husband needs this type of care also she's going to be very tired and her computer time very limited. Please keep both of them in your prayers.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:05 AM

Thanks for the update. I hope they are both doing OK. They are in my thoughts.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:08 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the update! Tell her she is VERY MISSED!!!!!! I am Praying for her DH!

Thanks for update,.... I am sure they will have many concerned friends on the board keeping them close in praryer. Thats the great thing about this whole big group of friends! Crafty is probabaly going through board withdrawal by now. My thoughts and prayers are with them.
Banned

Attached Thumbnails attachment-78895.jpe  
Power Poster

Prayers for them both as they progress through this difficult time.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:15 AM
Google Goddess

Hi Everyone!

Thanks again for all of your thoughs and prayers.

Update:

July 4th I had to take my hubby to ER on July 4 (they said he had a torn bicep muscle - wrong as went to Dr. on July 6th. They also did xrays at ER. They sent him home with pain meds, didn't help at all.
He was in severe pain with his right shoulder.

July 6th follow up with special Dr. on Tuesday (he does not have a torn bicep muscle instead) infection in body (while at Dr. office they used syringe and pulled out 2 big valves of infection, not good at all (he is very weak) and I took him to big hospital 1 1/2 hours away as they contacted his transplant Dr. (the smaller hospital doesn't have a infection Dr. and transplant Dr.)

We went back to the same hospital that he had his kidney and pancreas transplant from 9/18/1990. He is on the transplant floor. Very nice Dr. and nurses! the best!!!!!
also the first nurse he saw in his room, was Poppy from 20 years ago when he had his transplant (what a shock, she was still there) was fun to chat with her

July 7th surgery to clean out right shoulder for infection

they ran lots of tests so far, on ivy, pain meds and antibiotics

also they put him on a pump to pump the infection out of right arm

July 8th, feeling some better and now eating meals

found out today that he has staph infection, very very serious

*** found out he has tears in his rotary cup right shoulder and that is where the infection started *** he will need surgery to fix the rotary cup but won't be for until 1 year from now or so, have to get infection out of body

July 9th, I had lots of meetings at hospital with social workers, gave hubby a bath, etc.

July 10th, I didn't go to hospital since his family was going gave me a break ( my friend came and got me out of house, was a fun day and to lunch) yes we looked for fabric

July 11th, I'm not going to hospital today 1 1/2 hours one way so my other friend coming to get me in a good mood (lots of worries now)

I will keep you all posted and thanks again for your thoughts and prayers
Old 07-11-2010, 05:20 AM

You hang in there Sweetie...I'm sorry that you both are going thru all of this, and know that you'll be in my prayers!! ~hug~
Old 07-11-2010, 05:26 AM
Power Poster

Thanks so much for the update honey- we miss you tons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Prayers to both of you and have fun today. It will make you better able to help hubby- but you already know that HUGS, Sue
Old 07-11-2010, 05:31 AM

Thanks Crafty. Love you. Hang in there it will get better. That's what my dh had too only it was in his spine. It's very dangerous but it sounds like they have a handle on it now.