Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
No Honey, really, thanks for making supper.... >

No Honey, really, thanks for making supper....

No Honey, really, thanks for making supper....

Old 04-09-2010, 01:14 PM

My husband doesn't know where anything in the kitchen/refrigerator is. He's like a stranger in there. But I'm actually surprised at how much he does. A few years ago he went to visit his family in OH for 2 weeks. OMG, I could barely keep up with the dog walks, feeding and caring of our pooch, take out trash, recycling and laundry. I didn't know he did so much!!
Old 04-10-2010, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Pam
He made supper last nite while I was at guild. Sorry about the picture quality, but I was angry.
I feel you pain. Mine would have gone out or to his mother's, she never missed a chance to feed him.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:29 AM

whahahaha... but gotta say the man can cook some pretty good grub! To bad he can't wash as good as he can cook.. but I think ya should keep him anyway..he can kill spiders!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Banned

I think I would send hubby in to the kitchen and tell him clean up is part of cooking. Penny
Old 04-13-2010, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Fiber Artist
send him to training.
I guess I am very fortunate, my husband not only cooks dinner, but irons, runs the washer/dryer, makes the bed, vaccums, cleans the bathroom, and kitchen, all spotlessly done. He also has spoiled me completely rotten. He is definitely a keeper. He had no formal training, and his mother did not help him learn. Happyfarmwife.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:54 PM

My wonderful step-daughter made an astute observation shortly after I married her dad. She was only about 11 at the time. I was planning a trip back to BC to see my folks, and she said to me..."You DO know what the kitchen will look like when you get home...right?" Her dad is NOT the best at cleaning up after himself...especially in the kitchen. And she was right....I couldn't see counter-top, table, stove, sinks were full....and not a clean plate or glass to be found anywhere!!!

Apparently, I must have done something right over the last 8 years. He now carries not only his dishes to the kitchen, but mine as well. He will often unload the clean dishes, (even tho' from dirty to clean, he sometimes forgets where they "live"! LOL )..he does most of the laundry, and often takes a turn cooking. We both work FT. Once he got used to me not being at home 24/7, he learned that sometimes if he wanted something done, he would just have to do it!!! He does most of the yard and garden work now as my arthritis limits what I can do. (We have 5 1/2 acres)

I think I'll keep this guy. :D

Patti
Old 04-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Power Poster

I am so blessed! I don't do dishes my DH does them all. I stack them and I clean counters and he has total control of the dishwasher and sink and the washer/dryer. I am not allowed to touch because I can't do it to his satisfaction!! LOL