Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
No Honey, really, thanks for making supper.... >

No Honey, really, thanks for making supper....

No Honey, really, thanks for making supper....

Old 04-08-2010, 01:06 PM

I know that will probably get me killed, but here goes. There isn't anything in the house that my DH hasn't or won't do except clean the toilet. He picks up after himself, cooks, cleans you name it. Every day I look toward heaven and say thank you to his mother. When the kids were little (in the days of cloth diapers) he even rinsed and washed them. I have a gem and believe me I know it.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:20 PM

My DH is really good about picking up after himself, but does not know how to turn on the vacuum, dishwasher, washing machine or iron. Scrubbing a toilet is out of the question. Both my boys do know how, tho. In the grand scheme of things, it could be worse and I'm glad it's not. He makes up for it by being a pretty handy guy and can fix just about anything. Plus he built a machine quilt frame for me a while ago. So no complaints here.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Banned

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Power Poster

If it won't matter in twenty years, it doesn't matter.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:23 PM

I told my DH before we were married that either he should plan to do half the housework or we weren't getting married. Stupid him, he chose to get married. It's been 30 years and I haven't cleaned a bathroom or cooked a meal in all those years. Those were the tasks that feel to him, among others. I am not particularly grateful for this - I grew up in a house where the boys were expected to do as much as the girls, so I just expect it. We both work FT so I don't understand why he wouldn't have to pitch in as much as me around the house.

I will admit that he doesn't always do his chores on my timetable but it's better than doing them myself!
Old 04-08-2010, 02:27 PM

"I have told my DH a hundred times to at least rinse off food before putting plates into the dishwasher and he still just puts them in there really cruddy"

I've been having this this discussion with my 24-year-old daughter, who actually said to me one day "I don't think you know how a dishwasher works!" To my credit, she still lives and breathes!
Old 04-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
In all honsesty, if someone left a big mess like that for me, I just would NOT clean it! If he says something about the dishes still being there the next morning, I would just say, 'well, they're not my dishes!'
That's how I would approach it too.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:30 PM

My DH constantly takes the dishes to the kitchen....isn't that sweet??? EXCEPT he doesn't scrape and he just sits them on TOP of the dishwasher!! RIGHT THERE! I've even left the door of the dishwasher open thinking he'd get the hint.......NOPE!!!! I've mentioned it till I think he's being obstinate....
Old 04-08-2010, 03:37 PM

When we both work FT, DH does the cooking and shopping. The least I can do is dishes, no dishwasher here. LOL But I still try to get him to rinse the stuff. It's hit and miss with that.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Google Goddess

oh my that is awful, did he say why he didn't clean up the kitchen? at least he cooked (mine doesn't cook)

I understand you being upset, so did he clean up your kitchen yet???