Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
No Honey, really, thanks for making supper.... >

No Honey, really, thanks for making supper....

No Honey, really, thanks for making supper....

Old 04-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Pam

Originally Posted by aberi
Pam, you have to at least give him credit for making dinner.. .there are a lot of women out there , that after working a full day of work and going to the guild have to make sure there is dinner on the table for the rest of the family that is not at the guild. .I say ...tell him thanks honey, how nice you made dinner! Now we can clean up the kitchen together !
He loves to cook, and does a good job, but come on, at least stack up the mess so it is organized.

And as for training him, the Marine Corps couldn't do it after 20 years, and I've had him for 30!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:27 AM

Oh no, I was hoping that this was a trainable thing. But, according to Pam, a combo of the Marines and marriage can't fix it! Guess I'll be happy that mine does anything, and he does do a lot. The dishes thing, though, that seems to be his main thing... :-)
Old 04-08-2010, 11:41 AM

OMG!!! In all honsesty, if someone left a big mess like that for me, I just would NOT clean it! If he says something about the dishes still being there the next morning, I would just say, 'well, they're not my dishes!'
Mine is a bit of a clean freak, so I'm usually the one who gets nagged if I'm not celaning up as I go along, lol!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:43 AM

My hubby doesn't do alot of cooking, but he's just uber messy with anything he does and drives me nuts. My son is following in his Dad's footsteps, throwing all my years for training under the bus.

Guess I'm hard, but I was raised, do it all the way or don't do it all, so when it comes to making dinner, good clean up is part of the package.

I've reluctantly resigned myself to accepting that dinner leftovers get put away and I'm left with the aftermath, even if the kitchen was totally clean as dinner was served (I clean as I go). GGGgggrrrrrr.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:44 AM

Tough love-

Stepdaughter came to live with us for a while. She was 16. Never rinsed out a glass so when I got to them they were dried up with milk.

What did I do? As I ran across them I threw them away til there weren't any left. Didn't replace them either. She moved out, I bought new. Problem solved.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:50 AM

Are we married to the same man?
Old 04-08-2010, 11:53 AM

My Hubby is retired and evreyone knows how that goes. But, he has more or less taken over the cooking, which I really don't care to do, and I look at it this way. If he will shop and cook, then I can clean up the mess. He recently took very good care of me while I was sick and in bed for a few weeks. The laundry done and put away, house cleaned good, and even the dishes got done. ( Until the night before I was able to get up and going) Then it was back to being the "cleaner" again ( I loved that title!!LOL) Whatever would wwe do without the guys?
Old 04-08-2010, 12:29 PM

Since I retired a year a do more cooking and more dishes (I'm the dishwasher).

Now he wants french toast or bacon and eggs for breakfast. When I was working he ate cold cereal and sandwiches.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Pam

Originally Posted by cizzors
Tough love-

Stepdaughter came to live with us for a while. She was 16. Never rinsed out a glass so when I got to them they were dried up with milk.

What did I do? As I ran across them I threw them away til there weren't any left. Didn't replace them either. She moved out, I bought new. Problem solved.
THAT is why I like dogs! When you get mad at them you can tie them up in the backyard and NO ONE calls the police. Just try to tie up a kid or a hubby. LOL
Old 04-08-2010, 12:42 PM

And people wonder why I am single :-P At least that is my reply to friends when they have this or something similar happen to them.

I won't date a guy, at least not for long, that doesn't clean up after himself. If he doesn't do it now he sure isn't gonna do when you live with him :-P Cleaning up after him would cut into my quilting time I want one that will cook and clean so I have more quilting time ;)